Congratulations to our 2019 Awards of Excellence Recipients!
By Sharon Graham.
It is my pleasure to announce Career Professionals of Canada’s 2019 Awards of Excellence Program recipients. This year’s competition proved rigorous with 50 candidates selected from all the submissions received. I’d like to offer special thanks to our 2019 team of judges who were presented with the difficult challenge of selecting the recipients this year – this was not an easy task!
CPC’s membership comprises some of the very best in our profession. Please do send your congratulations to this year’s Awards of Excellence winners, honourable mentions, and nominees!
Outstanding Career Leader
- Recipient: Wanda Kusumajuda-Pichette
Outstanding Career Professional
- Recipient: Carrie Wakeford
- Honourable Mention: Brenda Hewgill
- Nominees: Peter Elmar Bordo | Wanda Kusumajuda-Pichette
Outstanding Social Media Strategist
- Recipient: Michelle Precourt
Outstanding Community Outreach Strategist
- Recipients: Gayle Draper | Natalie MacLellan
- Honourable Mention: Peter Elmar Bordo
- Nominee: Virginia Pineda
Outstanding Employment Interview Strategist
Outstanding Résumé – Internationally Educated Professional (IEP)
- Recipient: Warda Abdulsamed
- Honourable Mention: Lori Jazvac
- Nominees: Holly Hagan | Karen Shane | Karine Touloumjian | Lorraine Morris
Outstanding Résumé – New Graduate (Entry-Level Professional)
- Recipient: Lori Jazvac
- Honourable Mentions: Arno Markus | Lorraine Morris
- Nominees: June Cho | Karen Shane
Outstanding Résumé – Career Change
- Recipient: Kamee Gilmore
- Honourable Mentions: Natalie MacLellan | Karine Touloumjian
- Nominees: Holly Hagan | Nel Slater | Brent Warman | Elaine Piper | Erika Mendonca-DeSilva | June Cho
Outstanding Résumé – Technical
- Recipients: Adrienne Tom | Skye Berry-Burke
- Nominees: Arno Markus | Carrie Wakeford | Virginia Pineda
Outstanding Résumé – Creative
Outstanding Résumé – Executive
- Recipients: Adrienne Tom | Lorraine Morris
- Honourable Mentions: Nadia Qasmieh | Elaine Piper
- Nominees: Arno Markus | Karen Shane | Karine Touloumjian | Lori Jazvac | Natalie MacLellan | Skye Berry-Burke
Outstanding Volunteer Contributors (Executive Director’s Awards)
This year, I was extremely pleased to award the Executive Director’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Contribution to these exceptionally admirable members of Career Professionals of Canada. Each of these members has gone far above and beyond in supporting CPC in our initiatives. I am also pleased to award Honourable Mentions to five volunteer teams for completing outstanding work on behalf of CPC.
- Adrienne Tom for establishing and leading CPC’s new Social Media Program.
- Christine Cristiano for her supportive presence on CPC’s Facebook Group and her dedication as Resource Lead.
- Daisy Wright for championing CPC’s Twitter Chat program as CPC’s Twitter Team Lead.
- Dorothy Keenan for establishing and managing CPC’s new member outreach program.
- Jayne Barron for founding and managing CPC’s new webinar program.
- Jennifer Miller for her thorough, in-depth CRS assessment reviews.
- June Cho for her ongoing work as our primary CCS assessor.
- Kathy Weston for her long-term contribution to the CPC Certification program.
- Lori Jazvac for her unique, thoughtful, and consistent contributions to the CPC Newsfeed.
- Marian Bernard for her long-term contribution and lightning-fast tele-networking notetaking.
- Maureen McCann for proactively managing CPC’s Canada Career Month (CCM) initiatives.
- Michelle Precourt for her leadership, engagement, and dedication as CPC’s LinkedIn Team Lead.
- Nadia Qasmieh for contributing effectively as CPC’s newest CRS assessor.
Ambassador Team for outstanding work done to promote CPC in the last year. I am thrilled to specifically recognize the team for putting so much effort into reaching out to potential, new, and existing CPC members. I especially appreciate the effort made in setting up and deploying your meetups across Canada. Very special mention to Dorothy Keenan for leading our Member Outreach.
Social Media Team for exceptional work done to deploy CPC’s social media campaign in the last year. I have been electrified and in awe of the massive amount of meaningful content posted on our social media platforms. I especially appreciate the effort made in putting the focus on attracting, retaining, and maintaining CPC members from across Canada.
Tele-networking Team for developing, managing, moderating, and recording the notes for each session in our tele-networking program. Since formalizing the program at the beginning of last year, the team has not missed a beat. Every session has provided CPC members with meaningful discussions and useful tips and resources that will enhance their effectiveness as career professionals.
Communications Team for the great amount of exceptional content produced over the course of a year. The team populated our news feed with relevant and useful posts every single week without fail. Topics are pertinent, on-point, informative, and meaningful for career professionals across Canada.
Certification Team for the consistent and detailed work they contribute to ensure that our certification program is managed effectively. I am especially thankful to all the certification assessors for reviewing and evaluating submissions throughout the year. Their evaluations are always meticulous, and they turn around assessments seamlessly within tight deadlines.
I would also like to thank all of CPC’s ad hoc volunteers and silent partners who help make Career Professionals of Canada an outstanding organization.
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated. It’s been another great year!
Your number one fan,