Award Submission Guidelines
Please follow these submission procedures exactly. Failure to follow submission guidelines outlined here will result in elimination from the competition. Only those submissions selected by our Awards Judging Committee will be nominated.
Career Professionals of Canada (CPC) is committed to setting the standard for excellence in our field. Recognizing outstanding individuals in our profession is one of our most important activities. Active Members of Career Professionals of Canada are eligible to strive for our prestigious Awards of Excellence.
2021 CPC Awards of Excellence submissions for consideration are due by July 1, 2021. Any submissions received after this date may be considered for the following year.
Only CPC members can be nominated. If you are a professional member, you may submit your name and your work for nomination. For categories requiring resume samples, you must submit your work yourself. For all other categories, anyone may submit your name for consideration. You are eligible for one distinct entry per category for a maximum of three (3) different categories.
Submissions are not required for the Outstanding Volunteer Contributor category. Selections are made by the Executive Director.
Upon receipt of all submissions for the current year, the Awards Judging Committee will convene to determine Award Recipients (Winners, Honourable Mentions, and Nominees.) If your submission(s) do not qualify for the current year based on the category outline and/or these submission guidelines you will be notified via email.
Upon submission, you grant CPC the right to disclose the complete nomination submission to judges for evaluation. If all or part of a submission is to be published widely for marketing and/or educational purposes, CPC will request prior approval from you. Depending on the purpose of the publication, CPC reserves the right to edit your submission.
Outstanding Résumé – Internationally Educated Professional IEP, Outstanding Résumé – New Graduate Entry Level Professional, Outstanding Résumé – Career Change, Outstanding Résumé – Technical, Outstanding Résumé – Executive, Outstanding Résumé – Creative.
Prepare a complete nomination package for a successful submission. For specific details review the category outline.
- Ensure your professional membership with CPC is current.
- Only submit résumé(s) that you have completed without any assistance from others.
- Fictionalize your sample to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your client and anyone else who might be identified.
- If you are including a résumé sample that cannot be sufficiently fictionalized, obtain approval from anyone who can be identified.
- Provide rationalization of the document strategy and mechanics in a 500-word statement.
- Ensure value proposition, structure, design, spelling, grammar, and handling of obstacles are appropriately addressed.
- Create one .pdf file for your complete submission.
- Complete the Awards of Excellence Nomination Form for each submission and upload your .pdf file.
- Submit your information no later than July 1, 2021, to be eligible for the 2021 CPC Awards of Excellence program.
- Nominations are evaluated by an independent Award Judging Team. Judges volunteer their time and expertise to the process.
- CPC selects each award winner based upon the most stringent standards outlined here.
- To ensure impartiality in judging, a consistent evaluation form is utilized for each award.
- To ascertain a fair and equitable process, nominees in any category may not be judges in the current year.
- When more than 3 nominations are received for one CPC member, only the first 3 submissions are eligible.
- Entries that are not suitable for a specific category may be moved to another category or disqualified.
- Entries that do not follow submission guidelines outlined here will be disqualified.
- Résumé samples with significant structural, spelling, and/or grammatical errors will be disqualified.
- Upon judging, if there are no suitable entries for a specific category, there will be no winner awarded for that category.
Award Recipients will be formally announced this September in the Career Connections Newsletter. All qualifying candidates will receive a soft-copy award logo for self-marketing purposes. Winners and Honourable Mentions will receive a certificate via email. All names will be listed on the CPC site.
If you have any questions about the Awards of Excellence program, please e-mail info@CareerProCanada.ca.