CPC Awards of Excellence
Annual Competition Recognizing Outstanding Career Professionals
Submissions for the 2022 writing completion are being accepted now!
Career Professionals of Canada is committed to setting the standard for excellence in our field. We strive to inspire and enable you to empower yourself and advance your goals.
If you are a CPC member, we invite and encourage you to submit your name and work for consideration in our prestigious Awards of Excellence. Recognizing outstanding individuals in our profession is one of our most important activities.
We understand that self-submission may not come naturally — you may not be comfortable giving yourself the pat on the back you deserve. The truth is that it is an effective and legitimate way of promoting yourself and your outstanding work. You know yourself and your accomplishments better than anyone else!
Step 1 – Read and follow the general and category submission guidelines precisely.
Step 2 – Review and select up to 3 categories (below).
Step 3 – Complete one nomination submission form for each nomination.
Get your submission(s) in before the deadline. Go for it. You deserve to be recognized!
Awards Submission Guidelines
Entrants must follow all general entry rules and regulations outlined above. By submitting for the professional categories, entrants also agree to the following additional rules and regulations. For each submission, entrants must:
- Complete their submission themselves.
- Outline the reason for nomination in a strategy statement that does not exceed 500-words.
- Include supporting documents (i.e. résumé, work product sample, testimonial, program outline, new process).
- Merge the statement and supporting documents into one (1) .pdf file which does not exceed five (5) pages in total.
Entrants must follow all general entry rules and regulations outlined above. By submitting résumé samples, entrants also agree to the following additional rules and regulations. For each submission, entrants must:
- Submit a sample résumé that have developed on their own and without any assistance from others.
- Use their own name in the header of the sample résumé being submitted.
- Fictionalize the sample to protect the privacy and confidentiality of clients and anyone else who might be identified.
- Proofread the résumé; samples with significant structural, spelling, and grammatical errors will be disqualified.
- Provide rationalization of their strategy in developing the résumé in a statement that does not exceed 500-words.
- Merge the strategy statement and sample résumé must be merged into one (1) .pdf file.
Refer to The Canadian Résumé Strategist Certification Study Guide (e-book) for best practices and composition rules.
Entrants understand and agree that:
- Sample résumé(s) that have previously been published or won other contests do not qualify for this competition.
- Their submission may be published at Career Professionals of Canada discretion (e.g., website, e-book).