CPC Awards of Excellence
Annual Competition Recognizing Outstanding Career Professionals
Submissions for the 2024 competition are being accepted now!
Career Professionals of Canada is committed to setting the standard for excellence in our field. Recognizing outstanding individuals is one of our most important activities.
If you are a CPC member, we invite and encourage you to participate in our prestigious Awards of Excellence program. Self-submission may not come naturally for you, but you deserve to be recognized. The truth is that submitting your name and work is an effective and legitimate way of promoting your accomplishments. You know yourself better than anyone else!
Step 1 – Read and follow the guidelines.
Step 2 – Select up to 2 categories (below).
Step 3 – Complete one submission form for each nomination.
Get your submissions in before the deadline. Go for it. You deserve to be recognized!
Awards Submission Guidelines
Entrants must follow all general entry rules and regulations outlined above. By submitting for the professional categories, entrants also agree to the following additional rules and regulations. For each submission, entrants must:
- Complete their submission themselves.
- Explain the reason for the nomination in a 500-word strategy statement.
- Include documents and links to provide evidence and support the strategy statement.
- Merge the strategy statement and supporting documents into one .pdf file which does not exceed five pages in total.
- Structure the submission file name as follows: EntrantFirstName-EntrantLastName-Award Category Name.pdf
Example for reference (includes a strategy statement example):
Entrants must follow all general entry rules and regulations outlined above. By submitting résumé samples, entrants also agree to the following additional rules and regulations. For each submission, entrants must:
- Submit a sample résumé that they have developed on their own and without any assistance from others.
- Use their own name in the header of the sample résumé being submitted.
- Fictionalize the sample to protect the privacy and confidentiality of clients and anyone else who might be identified.
- Explain their rationalization for the submitted résumé in a 500-word strategy statement.
- Merge the strategy statement and sample résumé into one (1) .pdf file.
- Submission file names must be structured as follows: EntrantFirstName-EntrantLastName-Award Category Name.pdf
Entrants understand and agree that:
- Sample résumé(s) that have previously been published or won other contests do not qualify for this competition.
- Their submission may be published at Career Professionals of Canada's discretion (e.g., website, e-book).
Refer to The Canadian Résumé Strategist Certification Study Guide (e-book) for résumé best practices and composition rules.
Examples for reference (each includes a strategy statement example):