Thank you for your interest in submitting a feature to Career Professionals of Canada’s news feed. We welcome quality content on topics relevant to our profession. If you’re a member of CPC, we’ll link your article back to your CPC member profile, which you can edit to include all of your contact information and a link to your website, if applicable.
If you have news or information to share about the Canadian labour market, career-related trends, resources, or developments, please submit it here. We are seeking original, previously unpublished content that is informational and includes valuable takeaways. Our primary focus is résumé, interview, employment, and career-related topics, but please contact us if you have a unique idea in mind so we can discuss it.
The target audience for our news feed is Career Professionals supporting the Canadian market.
A Career Professional is an umbrella term that we use to refer to any practitioner supporting people through career development, employment, outplacement, and/or vocational guidance. This includes, but is not limited to: career coaches, counsellors, educators, consultants, assistants, coordinators, specialists, (résumé) writers, administrators, managers, executives, and officers.
Do not submit overt advertising or promotional pieces unless you have received approval from CPC.
Before submitting, please check that your article is:
- Informational. This is an opportunity to share leading-edge information with our national community of career professionals. If you are unsure whether your topic fits this mandate, please contact CPC before writing your article.
- Original. Ensure that your work is your own and fully attribute any material you reference.
- Professional. Your article must be well-written and error-free.
- Articles must be your original work and previously unpublished.
- The subject of your article should “speak” directly to our audience of Canadian career development professionals (as opposed to their job-seeking clients). The goal is to teach them something new or to provide a fresh perspective on various elements related to career development in Canada.
- Articles should be between 500 and 900 words, but we’re flexible should your topic require greater length.
- Please include hyperlinks to attribute all original sources of cited statistics, reports, quotes, etc.
- Submitted articles will be edited by CPC prior to publication.
- Upon publication on the CPC website, a link to your website or LinkedIn profile will be included in the article.
- At our discretion, CPC reserves the right to refuse to publish submitted articles.
- You will receive no compensation for your submitted article.
- You retain ownership of your work and may re-purpose it for other uses, but when doing so, must include an attribution and hyperlink back to CPC, acknowledging our organization as the original publisher.
Please attach your news article and we will review your submission. If it is approved, we will schedule it to be posted on our news feed. We reserve the right to edit, modify, or delete any content prior to uploading it to the CPC news feed. You will receive an email confirming the date your article will be posted.
Thank you for submitting your article. We appreciate your interest in CPC!