CPC Awards of Excellence
ANNUAL COMPETITION RECOGNIZING OUTSTANDING CAREER PROFESSIONALS
Submissions for the 2022 writing completion are being accepted now!
Career Professionals of Canada is committed to setting the standard for excellence in our field. We strive to inspire and enable you to empower yourself and advance your goals.
If you are a CPC member, we invite and encourage you to submit your name and work for consideration in our prestigious Awards of Excellence. Recognizing outstanding individuals in our profession is one of our most important activities.
We understand that self-submission may not come naturally — you may not be comfortable giving yourself the pat on the back you deserve. The truth is that it is an effective and legitimate way of promoting yourself and your outstanding work. You know yourself and your accomplishments better than anyone else!
Step 1 – Read and follow the submission guidelines precisely; failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Step 2 – Review and select up to 3 categories (below).
Step 3 – Complete one nomination submission form for each nomination.
Get your submission(s) in before the deadline. Go for it. You deserve to be recognized!
Awards Submission Guidelines
By submitting entries to this contest, you agree to the following rules and regulations:
General Eligibility Rules & Regulations
- Entrants must be members of Career Professionals of Canada in good standing.
- Current CPC employees, subcontractors and judges may not participate in this program.
- Entrants grant CPC the right to disclose their complete nomination submission to judges for evaluation.
- Entrants are eligible to submit one (1) distinct entry per category, for a maximum of three (3) different categories.
- If a submission has not satisfied all the requirements of the category, that nomination will be disqualified.
- If a submission is in violation of CPC’s Code of Professional Conduct, it is automatically disqualified.
- If there are no eligible entries for a specific category, no winner will be awarded for that category.
- Entry file names must be structured as follows: EntrantFirstName-EntrantLastName-AwardCategoryName.pdf
- Submissions are accepted in .pdf file format only through the Awards of Excellence Nomination Form.
- Submissions received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Rules & Regulations for Professional Categories
Judges evaluate submissions based on a consistent evaluation form. By submitting work for these categories, you agree to the following additional rules and regulations:
- Entrants must complete their submission themselves.
- Entrants must submit a 500-word statement outlining the reason for nomination.
- Entrants may include additional supporting documents, for a maximum of five (5) pages.
- The statement and supporting documents must be merged into one (1) .pdf file.
Rules & Regulations for Résumé Categories
Judges evaluate submissions based on the The Canadian Résumé Strategist Certification Study Guide (e-book). Refer to this book for best practices, composition rules, and the evaluation form used by Awards Judges. By submitting résumé samples for this contest, you agree to the following additional rules and regulations:
- Entrants must have developed any sample résumé(s) they submit without any assistance from others.
- Sample résumé(s) that have previously been published or won other contests do not qualify for this competition.
- Sample résumé(s) with significant structural, spelling and grammatical errors will be disqualified.
- Entrants must use their own name in the header of the sample résumé being submitted.
- Samples must be fictionalized to protect the privacy and confidentiality of clients and anyone else who might be identified.
- Entrants must provide rationalization of their strategy in developing the résumé in a 500-word statement.
- The strategy statement and sample résumé must be merged into one (1) .pdf file.
- Entrants agree that their submission may be published at Career Professionals of Canada discretion (e.g., website, e-book).
Entries that do not follow submission guidelines outlined here will automatically be disqualified.
Awards of Excellence Categories and Requirements
Executive Director's Award
Awards of Excellence Judging
Nominations are evaluated by an independent Awards Judging Team. Judges volunteer their time and expertise to the process.
Upon receipt of all submissions for the current year, the Awards Judging Team will convene to determine award recipients. Judges make their award recipient selections independently and impartially on a ballot (evaluation form) that is consistent with Career Professionals of Canada's Certification Program.
Award recipients (winners, honourable mentions, and nominees) are selected based upon the stringent standards outlined above. Decisions made by the Awards Judging Team are final.
Award recipients are formally announced in September in the Career Connections Newsletter. All names will be listed on the CPC site. All recipients will receive a soft-copy award logo for self-marketing purposes. Winners and honourable mentions will be able to access their certificate by logging into their CPC account.
If you have any questions about the Awards of Excellence program, please e-mail info@CareerProCanada.ca.