Career Professionals of Canada’s Training Programs
Need training? Get professional development.
CPC offers a range of fully-facilitated online courses and webinars for career professionals. Members receive a 50% discount on all courses and webinars.
Career Development Practitioner (CDP) Program
Strategic Résumé Writing (RES) Program
Professional Development Webinars
Career Professionals of Canada offers a number of innovative online and blended-delivery training programs for practitioners. Our training programs are built on the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs) and the Career Development Practitioner (CDP) Competency Framework.
Career professionals working in government, not-for-profit, educational, and private practice settings have taken advantage of CPC training. Many practitioners take our courses so that they can upgrade their own skills, incorporate tools and techniques into their services, and develop appropriate programs to deliver within their institutions.
Our online training courses are fully-facilitated and you receive a very rich interactive learning experience. You'll work along with other students and you'll get direction, training, and support from your course leader. In addition to personalized professional development, you'll get continuing education credits.
Online courses are cost effective. You can access your course during the daytime, evening, or weekend, as you prefer. There is no travel required and you can complete courses from the comfort of your home and office. Once you have successfully completed the course, you'll receive a course certificate.
CPC Members receive a 50% discount on all courses. Check our course schedule and pricing page for further details.
CPC's part-time online CDP program includes five courses that can be completed in any order. Courses are aligned to the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs) and the CDP Competency Framework. CPC's CDP courses are ideal if you want to:
- Update your competencies in career, work-life coaching, interview, employment, and résumé strategy.
- Work towards your provincial/territorial Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) designation.
- Prepare to apply for your Career Professionals of Canada (CPC) certifications.
If you wish to attain your Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) certification, then you must take CDP-101. This course is recognized by the Canadian Council for Career Development (3CD) and provincial associations. They will help you meet the mandatory minimum requirements for Ethics and Theory.
- CDP-101, 45 hours (3 weeks) Career Development Foundations Course
- CDP-102, 45 hours (3 weeks) Work-Life Coaching Course
- CDP-103, 45 hours (3 weeks) Employment Interview Coaching Course
- CDP-104, 45 hours (3 weeks) Employment Consulting Course
- CDP-105, 45 hours (3 weeks) Advanced Résumé Development Course
IMPORTANT NOTE: CPC specializes in professional development for adults. The CDP training program is ideal for students who would like an intensive program that can be completed within a short time frame. If you require a longer program that will provide you with additional credits towards your CCDP certification, check with your provincial association for a list of approved educational institutions.
CPC's Fast-Track program allows you to be granted your certification immediately if you have two years related work experience. When you pass these courses, you can apply to be automatically granted the associated certification without submitting work product:
- CDP-101 prepares you to Fast-Track your Certified Career Strategist (CCS)
- CDP-102 prepares you to Fast-Track your Certified Work-Life Strategist (CWS)
- CDP-103 prepares you to Fast-Track your Certified Interview Strategist (CIS)
- CDP-104 prepares you to Fast-Track your Certified Employment Strategist (CES)
- CDP-105 prepares you to Fast-Track your Certified Résumé Strategist (CRS)
You can find the full course list, schedule, and fees at CareerProCourse.ca/.
Wondering if you should take CPC courses or certification?
Both courses and certification will help you advance your career. The difference is:
- Courses will help you learn, grow, and build your skills (training) — you’ll get better at what you do!
- Certification will authenticate and validate your skills (credentials) — you’ll get recognized for what you do!
- Learn more about the difference
Career Professionals working together for career success!