Canadian Interview Certification – Excellence in Interview Strategy
The Certified Interview Strategist (CIS)
The Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) credential enhances your credibility and visibility as a career professional. It is ideal for interview coaches and employment consultants.
Am I a candidate for the CIS Credential?
This program is open to all interview coaches, employment consultants, and career practitioners who serve the Canadian labour market. If you provide clients with strategic advice on employment interviews, you are a potential candidate for the Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) credential.
Who recognizes the CIS Credential?
The CIS is the only Canadian standard for validating the expertise of employment consultants, career coaches, and other professionals providing interview coaching services. The CIS certification was designed by Career Professionals of Canada and validated by an independent group of industry leaders in academia and providers of career services.
- The CIS is recognized by Canadian career service providers in government, academic, not-for-profit, outplacement, and private business.
- The CIS gives clients confidence that they are working with a credentialed practitioner.:
- Canadian funding organizations recognize and support the CIS for their approved service providers.
How can I use my CIS?
Once you attain your CIS you can add the credential next to your name. You can include the CIS logo on your resume, business card, website, and anywhere you want to gain additional visibility as an expert and specialist in the field.
- Interview coaches, career coaches, and other career consultants use this credential to advertise and market their services.
- Employment consultants, outplacement consultants, and other practitioners attain the CIS to show additional value to employers and clients.
- Employment and career professionals in transition attain the CIS to build their expertise and feature their credentials on their own resume.
How do I gain my CIS credential?
In order to apply for and attain your certification, you must be a registered PROFESSIONAL MEMBER of CPC. If you are not already a Professional Member, you can join membership and register for your certification at the same time.
Register for Professional Membership with Career Professionals of Canada.
Apply for your Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) Certification.
- Submit a client case study along with a release email from your client within one year of application.
- Pass the Testing Process, which is an evaluation of competencies featured within your case study.
How do I prepare for my CIS Credential?
The CIS Program is a self-study program. To prepare for your certification, you will be sent a comprehensive 140+page Certification Study Guide (e-book). This guide is a valuable resource. It thoroughly discusses current concepts and strategies to empower you to work effectively with your clients. By following this guide, you will learn how and when to apply various techniques to enable your clients to succeed in their employment interviews. The knowledge you will acquire by studying this guide will be an asset throughout your career.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Letter of Introduction
The Importance of Ethics
Recommended Reading Resources
The CPC Certification Process
Part 1 – Interview Strategy
Chapter 1 – The Interview Strategist
Chapter 2 – First Impressions
Chapter 3 – Emotional Intelligence
Chapter 4 – Value Proposition
Part 2- Interview Types
Chapter 5 – Types of Interviews
Chapter 6 – Behavioural Interviews
Chapter 7 – Interview Questions
Chapter 8 – The Case Interview
Part 3 – Interview Support
Chapter 9 – Canadian Legislation
Chapter 10 – Reputation Management
Chapter 11 – The Reference Check
Part 4 – Interview Success
Chapter 12 – Interview Negotiation
Chapter 13 – The Post Interview Debrief
Part 5 – Certification
Chapter 14 – CIS Testing Process
Chapter 15 – MCIS Testing Process
Appendix A – Traditional Interview Questions
Appendix B – Behavioural Interview Questions
Appendix C – Inappropriate Interview Questions
Appendix D – Questions to Bring to the Interview
How do I start the process?
To start the CIS all you need to do is:
- Register for CPC Membership
- Apply for your CIS Certification
ONCE YOU HAVE ATTAINED YOUR CIS, YOU CAN WORK TOWARDS YOUR MASTER LEVEL (M-LEVEL)
Questions? Call CPC directly at 866-896-8768. Our phone lines are open weekdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm Eastern.