Canadian Resume Certification – Excellence in Resume Strategy
The Certified Resume Strategist (CRS)
The Certified Resume Strategist (CRS) credential enhances your credibility and visibility as a career professional. It is ideal for resume writers, employment professionals, and career coaches who provide resume support services.
Am I a candidate for the CRS Credential?
This program is open to all resume writers, employment consultants, and career coaches who serve the Canadian labour market. If you are a resume writer or if you provide strategic advice on resume writing, you are a potential candidate for the Certified Resume Strategist (CRS) credential.
Who recognizes the CRS Credential?
The CRS is the only Canadian standard for validating the expertise of resume writers and other professionals providing strategic resume advice. The CRS certification was designed by Career Professionals of Canada and validated by an independent group of industry leaders in academia and providers of career services.
- The CRS is recognized by Canadian career service providers in government, academic, not-for-profit, outplacement, and private business.
- The CRS gives clients confidence that they are working with a credentialed practitioner.
- Canadian funding organizations recognize and support the CRS for their approved service providers.
How can I use my CRS?
Once you attain your CRS you can add the credential next to your name. You can include the CRS logo on your resume, business card, website, and anywhere you want to gain additional visibility as an expert and specialist in the field.
- Resume writers, career coaches, and outplacement consultants, use this credential to advertise and market their services.
- Employment consultants and other career practitioners attain the CRS to show additional value to employers and clients.
- Career professionals in transition take the CRS to build their expertise and feature their credentials on their own resume.
How do I gain my CRS credential?
In order to apply for and attain your certification, you must be a registered PROFESSIONAL MEMBER of CPC. If you are not already a Professional Member, you can join membership and register for your certification at the same time.
- Register for Professional Membership with Career Professionals of Canada.
Apply for your Certified Resume Strategist (CRS) Certification.
- Within one year of applying for your CRS designation, submit by e-mail four sample documents along with strategy statements. The sample documents you must submit are: your resume, a client resume, and a client resume and cover letter set.
- Pass an independent evaluation of documents you have developed.
How do I prepare for my CRS Credential?
The CRS Program is a self-study program. To prepare for your certification, you will be sent a comprehensive 150+ page Certification Study Guide (e-book). This guide is a valuable resource. It thoroughly discusses current concepts and strategies to enable you to produce an outstanding resume. By following this guide, you will learn how and when to apply various techniques to enable your clients to succeed in their career endeavours. The knowledge you will acquire by studying this guide will be an asset throughout your career.
The Importance of Ethics
Recommended Reading Resources
The CPC Certification Process
Part 1 – Resume Strategy
Chapter 1 – Resume Marketing
Chapter 2 – Resume Planning
Chapter 3 – Value Proposition
Chapter 4 – Strategic Application
Part 2- Resume Mechanics
Chapter 5 – Resume Fundamentals
Chapter 6 – Employment History
Chapter 7 – Supplementary Components
Chapter 8 – Spelling and Grammar
Part 3 – Resume Design
Chapter 9 – Creative Formatting
Chapter 10 – Technology-Friendly Resumes
Chapter 11 – Resume Innovations
Part 4 – Supporting Documents
Chapter 12 – Cover Letter Strategy
Chapter 13 – Supplementary Documents
Part 5 – Certification
Chapter 14 – CRS Testing Process
Chapter 15 – MCRS Testing Process
Appendix A – Action Verbs
Appendix B – Core Strength Phrases
Appendix C – Keywords
How do I start the process?
To start the CRS all you need to do is:
- Register for CPC Membership
- Apply for your CRS Certification
Questions? Call CPC directly at 866-896-8768. Our phone lines are open weekdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm Eastern.