Canadian Résumé Certification – Excellence in Résumé Strategy
The Certified Résumé Strategist (CRS)
The Certified Résumé Strategist (CRS) credential enhances your credibility and visibility as a career professional. It is ideal for résumé writers, employment professionals, and career coaches who provide résumé support services.
Am I a candidate for the CRS Credential?
This program is open to all résumé writers, employment consultants, and career coaches who serve the Canadian labour market. If you are a résumé writer or if you provide strategic advice on résumé writing, you are a potential candidate for the Certified Résumé Strategist (CRS) credential.
Who recognizes the CRS Credential?
The CRS is the only Canadian standard for validating the expertise of résumé writers and other professionals providing strategic résumé advice. The CRS certification was designed by Career Professionals of Canada and validated by an independent group of industry leaders in academia and providers of career services.
- The CRS is recognized by Canadian career service providers in government, academic, not-for-profit, outplacement, and private business settings.
- The CRS gives clients confidence that they are working with a credentialed practitioner.
- Canadian funding organizations recognize and support the CRS for their approved service providers.
How can I use my CRS?
Once you attain your CRS you can add the credential next to your name. You can include the CRS logo on your résumé, business card, website, and anywhere you want to gain additional visibility as an expert and specialist in the field.
- Résumé writers, career coaches, and outplacement consultants use this credential to advertise and market their services.
- Employment consultants and other career practitioners attain the CRS to show additional value to employers and clients.
- Career professionals in transition take the CRS to build their expertise and feature their credentials on their own résumé.
How do I gain my CRS Credential?
In order to apply for and attain your certification, you must be a registered PROFESSIONAL MEMBER of CPC. If you are not already a Professional Member, you can join membership and register for your certification at the same time.
- Register for Professional Membership with Career Professionals of Canada.
Apply for your Certified Résumé Strategist (CRS) Certification.
- Within one year of applying for your CRS designation, submit four sample documents and their associated strategy statements by email. The sample documents you must submit are: your own résumé, a client résumé, and a client résumé and cover letter set.
- Pass an independent evaluation of the documents you have developed and submitted.
How do I prepare for my CRS Credential?
The CRS Program is a self-study program. To prepare for your certification, you will be sent a comprehensive 150+ page Certification Study Guide (e-book). This guide is a valuable resource. It thoroughly discusses current concepts and strategies to enable you to produce outstanding résumés. By following this guide, you will learn how and when to apply various techniques to enable your clients to succeed in their career endeavours. The knowledge you will acquire by studying this guide will be an asset throughout your career.
The Importance of Ethics
Recommended Reading Resources
The CPC Certification Process
Part 1 – Résumé Strategy
Chapter 1 – Résumé Marketing
Chapter 2 – Résumé Planning
Chapter 3 – Value Proposition
Chapter 4 – Strategic Application
Part 2- Résumé Mechanics
Chapter 5 – Résumé Fundamentals
Chapter 6 – Employment History
Chapter 7 – Supplementary Components
Chapter 8 – Spelling and Grammar
Part 3 – Résumé Design
Chapter 9 – Creative Formatting
Chapter 10 – Technology-Friendly Résumés
Chapter 11 – Résumé Innovations
Part 4 – Supporting Documents
Chapter 12 – Cover Letter Strategy
Chapter 13 – Supplementary Documents
Part 5 – Certification
Chapter 14 – CRS Testing Process
Chapter 15 – MCRS Testing Process
Appendix A – Action Verbs
Appendix B – Core Strength Phrases
Appendix C – Keywords
How do I start the process?
To start the CRS process all you need to do is:
- Register for CPC Membership
- Apply for your CRS Certification
Questions? Call CPC directly at 866-896-8768. Our phone lines are open weekdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm Eastern.