Congratulations to our 2017 Awards of Excellence Recipients!
By Sharon Graham.
It is my pleasure to announce Career Professionals of Canada’s 2017 Awards of Excellence Program recipients. This year’s competition proved rigorous, with 58 candidates selected from all the submissions received. I’d like to offer special thanks to our judging team who were presented with the difficult challenge of selecting the recipients this year – this was not an easy task!
CPC’s membership comprises some of the very best in our profession. Please do send your congratulations to this year’s Awards of Excellence winners, honourable mentions, and nominees!
Outstanding Career Leader
Outstanding Career Professional
- Winner: Jean-Philippe Michel
- Honourable Mentions: Erika Mendonca-DeSilva | Lori Jazvac
- Nominees: Amy Bjerknes | Brenda Hewgill | Gayle Draper | Karen Kirk | Lee-Anne Geseron | Taranum Khan
Outstanding Community Outreach Strategist
Outstanding Social Media Strategist
Outstanding Employment Interview Strategist
Outstanding Resume – Internationally Educated Professional IEP
Outstanding Resume – New Graduate Entry Level Professional
- Winner: Lorraine Morris
- Honourable Mentions: Carrie Wakeford | Kristin Vandegriend | Stephanie Clark
- Nominees: Cherie Wade | Dorothy Keenan | Karen Kirk | Lee-Anne Geseron | Lori Jazvac | Michelle Brandes | Samantha Cabral | Skye Berry-Burke
Outstanding Resume – Career Change
- Winner: Natalie MacLellan
- Honourable Mention: Kamee Gilmore
- Nominees: Brent Warman | Lee-Anne Geseron | Sally Simpson | Stephanie Clark
Outstanding Resume – Technical
Outstanding Resume – Executive
- Winner: Stephanie Clark
- Honourable Mentions: Adrienne Tom | Dorothy Keenan
- Nominees: Erika Mendonca-DeSilva | Holly Hagan | Lorraine Morris | Natalie MacLellan | Samantha Cabral | Skye Berry-Burke
Outstanding Resume – Creative
Outstanding Volunteer Contributor (Executive Director’s Award)
- Winner: Trish McNamara
- Honourable Mentions (Individual): Carole Marinier | Stephanie Clark
- Honourable Mentions (Team): Ambassador Team | Career Club Team
CPC is a social enterprise, and as such, there are many outstanding volunteers who have made our programs and services a success. This year, I am extremely pleased to award the Executive Director’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Contribution to CPC Ambassador, Trish McNamara, for her dedicated work championing CPC membership, courses, and certification. Honourable mention also goes to CPC Certification Assessor, Carole Marinier, for proactively responding to and diligently evaluating the most submissions on behalf of Certified Resume Strategist (CRS) certification program applicants this year. Honourable mention goes to CPC News Feed Editor, Stephanie Clark, for her impeccable work proofing and editing our news content. Each of these members has gone far above and beyond in supporting Career Professionals of Canada.
I would also like to recognize the following teams for introducing two highly successful programs. CPC’s Career Club Team for starting and managing extremely active and highly popular Facebook Group. CPC’s Ambassador Team, for initiating our robust and meaningful Member Referral Program.
I would also like to thank all of the volunteer teams and individuals who help make Career Professionals of Canada an outstanding organization:
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated. It’s been another great year!
Your number one fan,