Congratulations to our 2016 Awards of Excellence Recipients!
By Sharon Graham.
This year’s competition was extremely tight, with 48 nominations. All the submissions were admirable – proving once again that our membership comprises some of the very best in our profession. Congratulations to all!
I’d like to offer special thanks to our judging team who were presented with the difficult challenge of selecting the recipients from the stellar nominations – this was not an easy task!
Here are this year’s Awards of Excellence recipients (Winners, Honourable Mentions, and Nominations). Please do send them your congratulations:
Outstanding Resume – Internationally Educated Professional (IEP)
Outstanding Resume – New Graduate (Entry-Level Professional)
- Winner: Lori Jazvac
- Honorable Mentions: Jennifer Miller | Sharon Crowell
- Nominees: Dorothy Keenan | Eilidh Sligo | Elaine Piper | Holly Hagan | Kamee Gilmore | Kristin Vandegriend | Melissa Flynn | Natalie Maclellan | Patricia Watson | Samantha Cabral
Outstanding Resume – Career Change
- Winner: Skye Berry-Burke
- Honorable Mentions: Eilidh Sligo | Holly Hagan
- Nominees: Brenda Collard-Mills | Brent Warman | Emily Theobald | Kristin Vandegriend | Natalie Maclellan
Outstanding Resume – Technical
- Winner: Stephanie Clark
- Honorable Mention: Brenda Collard-Mills
- Nominees: Brent Warman | Christine Cristiano
Outstanding Resume – Executive
- Winner: Adrienne Tom
- Honorable Mentions: Dorothy Keenan | Skye Berry-Burke
- Nominees: Elaine Piper | Karine Touloumjian | Natalie Maclellan | Samantha Cabral | Stephanie Clark
Outstanding Resume – Creative
- Winner: Jennifer Miller
- Honorable Mention: Skye Berry-Burke
- Nominees: Adrienne Tom | Dorothy Keenan | Kamee Gilmore | Kristin Vandegriend
Outstanding Career Professional
- Winner: Brent Warman
- Nominee: Conny Lee
Outstanding Community Outreach Strategist
- Winner: Sukhjit Singh
Outstanding Volunteer Contributor (Executive Director’s Award)
This year, I was extremely pleased to award the Executive Director’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Contribution to three exceptionally admirable members of Career Professionals of Canada. Each of these members has gone far above and beyond in supporting CPC in our initiatives.
Lori Jazvac for her excellent work as a content contributor for the CPC News Feed and the CAREERPRO Conference. Lori has researched and crafted blogs regarding labour market trends, best resume practices, and industry-related news. She has also worked diligently to review the technology and content for the conference.
Skye Berry Burke for her amazing all-around volunteer work as a CPC Teleconference Session leader, Chat Program moderator, CPC News Feed editor, CAREERPRO conference working group member, and CPC regional ambassador. Skye always makes herself available when we need her.
Gabrielle LeClair for the amazing work she has done for the curriculum development of CPC’s Ethics Course (CDP01) and Theory Course (CDP02). Gabrielle’s help this year has been invaluable to us in obtaining approval for these mandatory courses required for provincial certification.
I would also like to thank all of the volunteer teams who help make Career Professionals of Canada an outstanding organization:
- CPC Awards of Excellence Judging Team
- CPC Chat Team
- CAREERPRO Conference Team
I’m sure that all of you can see that this year, the calibre of submissions was excellent.
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated. It’s been another great year!
Your number one fan,