Congratulations to our 2013 Awards of Excellence Recipients!
This year’s competition was extremely tight and all submissions were admirable – proving once again that our membership comprises some of the very best of the best in the industry. Congratulations to all!
I’d also like to offer special thanks to our adjudication panel who were presented with the difficult challenge of selecting the recipients from the stellar nominations – this was not an easy task!
Here are this year’s Award of Excellence Recipients. Please do send them your congratulations:
- Carrie Wakeford; Executive Director’s Award – Outstanding Volunteer Contributor to the Organization
- Adrienne Tom; Outstanding Canadian Online Profile Developer
- Safinaz El-halawani; Outstanding Canadian Resume Contributor – Internationally Educated Professional (IEP) Category
- Jennifer Miller; Outstanding Canadian Resume Contributor – Best New Graduate Resume Category
- Skye Berry-Burke; Outstanding Canadian Resume Contributor – Best Career Change Resume Category
- Jennifer Miller; Outstanding Canadian Resume Contributor – Best Technical Resume Category
- Adrienne Tom; Outstanding Canadian Resume Contributor – Best Executive Resume Category
- Adrienne Tom; Outstanding Canadian Resume Contributor – Best Creative Resume Category
- Rala Bekdach; Outstanding Canadian Career Initiative – Special Mention
I’m sure that all of you can see that this year, the calibre of submissions was excellent. Please take a moment to review the complete list of outstanding nominees.
This year, I am extremely pleased to award the Executive Director’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Contribution to the Organization to Carrie Wakeford for her extraordinary work as CPC’s Website Content Validator. Carrie has managed to go through Career Professionals of Canada’s complete website content. In addition to completing this great body of work, she continues to suggests enhancements to the system and provides other pro-bono services for CPC as required.
I would also like to thank all of the following volunteer teams who help make CPC an outstanding organization:
- CPC’s Advisory Board Members
- CPC’s Ambassador Team
- CRS, CIS, CCS, and CES Assessment Teams
- CPC’s Online Communication Teams
- All of CPC’s Ad Hoc Team Members and Silent Partners
Additional gratitude goes out to these members who have put an exceptional amount of time and effort into CPC in the last year:
- Wayne Pagani for exceptional leadership of CPC’s Certification Committee and overhaul of the certification programs.
- Gabrielle LeClair and Maureen McCann for reviewing, editing, and validating the CRS and CIS certification eGuides.
- Daisy Wright, Tara Orchard, Michael Thompson, Gabrielle LeClair, Maureen McCann, Lynda Reeves, and Cathy Milton for for upholding CPC’s LinkedIn Group and Career Club.
- Marian Bernard and Cathy Milton for dictating comprehensive notes for the CPC’s telenetworking program.
- Cathy Milton for writing outstanding articles for CPC’s News Feed.
- Lynda Reeves for editing the Career Connections eNewsletter.
The judging committee also provided an Outstanding Canadian Career Initiative Special Mention to Rala Bekdach for creating a website to connect clients with job postings.
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated! It’s been another great year!
Your number one fan,