Welcome Aboard Flight 2016
By Daisy Wright.
Since it’s the start of the new year, I think it would be a good idea to think of what’s ahead for you as you board flight 2016. Let me ask you a few questions:
- Have you set any specific goals for the year? If you haven’t, it means you have indirectly set one, and it is to remain where you are.
- Have you decided if you will be a passenger or the pilot of your career this year? It’s up to you to determine if you will be taking charge of your career in 2016, or you will be assigning such an important responsibility to others.
- Are you ready to eliminate the negative thoughts or people that surrounded you in 2015? My advice is, when negativity calls you on the phone this year, don’t argue with it, just hang up!
In addition to those thoughts, here are some wise words from famed basketball coach, John Wooden. Unlike resolutions, these are promises you can keep:
- Promise yourself that you will talk health, happiness, and prosperity as often as possible.
- Promise yourself to make all your friends know there is something in them that is special and that you value.
- Promise to think only the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best from yourself and others.
- Promise to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- Promise to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements in the future.
- Promise to wear a cheerful appearance at all times and give every person you meet a smile.
- Promise to give so much time improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- Promise to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit trouble to press on you.
We cannot rewind the past, but we can take advantage of the present, and leap into the future with great expectations. That’s my wish for you in 2016.