Special Notice – CPC Membership, Courses & Business Continuity Plan
Career Professionals of Canada (CPC) is up and running during the Coronavirus crisis. We’re doing our very best to maintain full access to courses and member benefits for our community. We are primarily a volunteer-based organization that relies on membership and course registration income to support our programs and services, but we also know that we need to do what we can to help you through the coming weeks.
- We have now extended a $50 discount on membership until April 30, 2020, and depending on the situation, may extend it indefinitely. CPC members always receive 50% off online courses. Certified members who are unable to renew membership at this time will have their certification(s) reinstated immediately upon renewal.
- For students who have registered and paid for upcoming courses, we regret that we are unable to provide refunds. If you’re not able to take your course on the date it’s scheduled, let us know and we will apply a full credit on your account, which can be used towards a future course. We will also waive the usual $100 administration fee. If this situation applies to you, please contact us for your credit.
- For students who are mid-course and find they cannot complete and submit the final homework assignment by the last Friday of the course, an extension for homework submission may be granted by the instructor upon written request. Please email your instructor directly to request the extension. This policy will apply until further notice.
- We are aware that some of our members and students are concerned about their financial situation at this time. The Government of Canada has released a series of measures to mitigate issues for Canadians.
Our Business Continuity Plan
Be assured that we already have a pre-emptive business continuity plan in place:
- Our core management and training team members have the capability to work remotely and access our advanced, up-to-date technology systems seamlessly and without interruption.
- Staff are cross-trained to perform essential functions allowing us to continue to operate even if key team members are absent.
- Our advisors are helping to identify additional emergency strategies to allow for the continuation of services that you are accustomed to receiving.
- We will continue to monitor and update our practices and policies in accordance with the recommendations and directives of public health officials and government, and provide updates as necessary.
All of this remains dynamic and we are ready for a range of outcomes. We won’t solve every challenge, but we promise to serve our members, our colleagues, and communities as best we can. In the interim, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe and keep well.