Global Crisis: A Wake-Up Call to Raise Our Consciousness
These days, we are all in the midst of a complex transition requiring a careful reengineering of our daily lives and routines. We’ve had to quickly learn to navigate the world of remote work while being challenged by an unpredictable economy. I have conversed with clients who are using “a one day at a time approach.” This is what it takes now — just one day at a time and one step at a time.
It is easy to blame external forces for this chaos and ask ourselves “why now?” Yet, our planet is in dire need of healing. As career professionals, we can serve as vehicles for channelling healing to those in need. We can think of 2020 as a new era to carve out a clearer 20/20 vision. It is a time of deep reflection and awakening on a global scale — a time to raise our consciousness to a higher level.
Remember, we are all imperfect and we may slip up from time to time. Change can be hard, especially when change is impacting the entire world on multiple levels. But I believe that, more than at any other time, it’s now vital to embrace these core principles:
Just for today I will not worry
Just for today I will not be angry
Just for today I will do my work honestly
Just for today I will give thanks for my many blessings
Just for today I will be kind to my neighbour and every living thing
Rather than giving into negative emotions, fear, or despair, we need to reframe our mindset and consider:
- How can we leverage our resourcefulness to manage this transition?
- How can we manifest a new vision and mission aligned with the changing times to take care of ourselves and this planet?
- How can we serve as drivers of change so that we make a true difference to others and unleash our boundless potential?
Here are seven tips to to help us operate from a higher level of consciousness:
- Exercise self-care as top priority. This means taking care of your body, mind, and spirit while looking after the home, family, and finances. This involves practising good nutrition, hygiene, and personal development practices such as yoga, meditation, and mindfulness. It is time to seek introspection and honour instinct!
- Have gratitude for your blessings. Start a gratitude journal and write down three things to be grateful for each day. By incorporating NLP techniques, you can reprogram negative emotions, patterns, and situations into empowering ones. Be mindful of the little miracles each day that you experience and be thankful! This exercise is such a confidence booster.
- Have faith and trust in your Higher Self. When you operate from your Higher Self, you maximize your innate strengths, translate fear into empowerment, and leverage resourcefulness to navigate challenges. Trust that this situation will work out for its highest positive intention and that we will evolve to become stronger.
- Keep believing in your dreams and setting goals. Keep striving to reach your goals. Set goals each day. Champion clients to become job-search ready. This is not a time to give up but keep pushing through obstacles with sheer faith and confidence.
- Stay busy while remaining productive. While many people are used to working in the community, there are numerous professionals transitioning to working remotely. Help jobseekers balance this delicate shift by integrating creative tools and marketable skills to maximize success.
- Think strategically. How can you leverage this time to learn a new skill, refine your brand, and reconnect with networks? How can you help clients explore new ventures or rekindle existing ones? How about virtually educating clients on coping with this crisis or simply following up with clients on how you can offer value.
- Think creatively by stretching your mind beyond its capacity – and stepping outside your comfort zone. This could include generating new ideas, learning new technologies to stay connected, engaging in delayed projects, or developing innovative ways of doing things.
The day will come when businesses will resume, but we need to prepare ourselves to embrace “the new normal.”
It starts with self-love and doing what we need to do right now — take care and have faith and courage. Let’s lead by example by complying with appropriate public health and safety guidelines and reflecting the change we want to see happen for a happier and healthier world.
There is an urgent need for everyone to take a hard look at how we have been operating, from how we feed and nurture ourselves to how we treat ourselves and others. We can then reassess what we need to do for empowerment, transformation, and healing.
Remember there is a sense of purpose and growth that evolves from a crisis, and we have the resources to thrive in times of chaos. We all can firmly address our own needs, redefine our values, and identify opportunities to truly help ourselves and others rise above this experience for positive transformation.
How will you answer the call to raise your consciousness? Just think — by making sound choices to protect ourselves and our planet, we can make a huge difference not only individually, but globally as well.
Lori A. Jazvac is a passionate, award-winning Master Certified Résumé Strategist and Certified Employment Strategist through Career Professionals of Canada. As a multi-certified Master Résumé Writer and Certified Career Transition Coach, she specializes in helping clients navigate challenging career transitions. In 2013, an empowering vision inspired Lori to launch Creative Horizons Communications, a holistic career services firm where she virtually supports jobseekers around the globe to embrace their next career milestone. In her spare time, Lori enjoys dance, blogging, watching comedies and reality shows, yoga, and taking long walks in nature.