Free Employer Guide and Webinar. Making it Work!
Making It Work! How to Effectively Manage Maternity Leave Career Transitions: An Employer’s Guide is now available for free download. Funded by CERIC, Canada Career Counselling developed this guide for anyone who employs, leads, manages, trains, coaches or supports pregnant, adoptive and parenting women at work, including but not limited to HR professionals, managers, business owners and career practitioners and coaches.
Women make up approximately 50% of Canada’s labour force. Of the working women who do become mothers, 90% will take a maternity leave. However, 36% of new mothers feel that taking maternity leave negatively impacts their opportunity for promotions, career development and career progression. This user-friendly manual will equip employers to go beyond legislated requirements and take a proactive, positive approach to managing maternity leave career transitions.
The guide covers:
- Redefining career development, progression and advancement
- Before, during and after maternity leave (e.g. career dialogues, comeback coaching, return-to-work plans)
- Customizing career plans with flexible work options
- Considerations for diverse populations (e.g. adoptive mothers, new immigrant mothers, same-sex mothers)
- 15 low-/no-cost employer strategies to facilitate employee engagement
Watch for the forthcoming employee version (Making It Work! How to Successfully Navigate Maternity Leave Career Transitions: An Employee’s Guide). The guides will also soon be available for purchase in print or ebook via Amazon and Chapters.Indigo or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bulk orders of 10 or more.
Plus, register for a free interactive webinar with the authors of the guides!
This webinar would be of interest to HR professionals, managers, business owners and career practitioners and coaches.
Date and Time:
- Thursday, June 16, 2016, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET
All registered participants will receive a link to the recording of the webinar.