FREE Webinar Replay Series – Special Event for CareerPros
At Career Professionals of Canada, we’ve come up with a free webinar replay program to help you get through this spring and summer. Professional development can be a helpful distraction from everything else that’s going on and we want to help.
You are invited to access four special webinar replays. These webinars took place in 2019 and instead of reselling the sessions, we’ve decided to offer the recordings and handouts to you for free. We’ll be featuring one webinar per month for four consecutive months. You may not be able to attend face-to-face training courses and workshops, but you can certainly watch these webinar replays.
Webinar 1 – Free Replay Available May 2020
Clients, funders, and other stakeholders may have access to case note files. Would your notes withstand scrutiny? If your notes were subpoenaed to court, would they be considered “professional?” How well you record your client interactions can have significant impacts. Your notes may affect your client’s progress and, if you work in the funded model, your agency’s continued funding. In fact, your job could be at stake. This webinar will help you strengthen your ability to write ethical case notes.
This 90-minute webinar is designed to engage attendees through a combination of lecture, group interaction, and case studies. At the completion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Consider concise writing techniques to simplify and optimize effective case notes
- Compare and contrast good/bad case notes
- Identify and apply the Career Development Code of Ethics when writing case notes
Attendees will also receive a helpful tip sheet titled “10 Tips for Ethical Case Note Writing.”
Webinar 2 – Free Replay Available June 2020
LinkedIn can provide our clients with massive opportunity for networking and career growth. In a digital age, a good online presence can make a strong impression on a potential hiring manager, conveying your client’s professionalism, competency, and personal brand. If you are a career professional who writes LinkedIn profiles or coaches clients on using Linkedln, this webinar is for you.
In this 90-minute session you will:
- Develop a better understanding of different profile writing strategies
- Understand what key content to include under the summary and experience sections
- Gain insight on how to quickly and easily write the headline
- Learn effective LinkedIn engagement strategies that you can share with your clients
Attendees of this workshop will receive several value-add materials including a LinkedIn content template that you can send to clients, examples of client-facing LinkedIn tip sheets, and a specially-designed questionnaire for writing LinkedIn summaries.
Webinar 3 – Free Replay Available July 2020
By 2025, it is estimated that 40% of the Canadian workforce will be contingent. An agile workforce allows companies to pivot, respond, and strategize in order to stay competitive. When your clients better understand the gig economy and on-demand work, they can become relevant and responsive to this growing agile workforce model. In this webinar, we’ll define on-demand workforce language and examine the characteristics of an agile workforce. We’ll delve into real-life case studies featuring three employees working in a flexible staffing model. We will explore how to positively support our clients as they navigate a work world that is shifting and changing.
This 90-minute session will:
- Define on-demand workforce terminology
- Identify characteristics of an agile workforce
- Describe statistics and reasons for the growth in the on-demand workforce
- Examine three case studies of employees working in flexible staffing models
- Apply on-demand terminology, characteristics, and statistics in our work
- Provide insight to help clients successfully navigate the emerging agile workforce
This interactive session offers a lecture and discussion along with handouts.
Webinar 4 – Free Replay Available August 2020
Do you sometimes take on too much with your clients? Do you have a hard time saying no? We are all in this profession to help people find meaningful work and there aren’t any sweeter words than hearing a client say “I got the job!” However, without clear boundaries, it becomes easier to take on more than we should, and boundaries will help clients to develop greater self-efficacy. Setting boundaries with your clients may feel unnatural and even mean-spirited, however, this webinar will convince you that boundaries are an essential and important way to create more value for your clients, and a major factor in contributing positively to your own mental health. This interactive session offers a lecture and discussion on real-world scenarios.
At the completion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand why boundaries are needed
- Set clear boundaries respectfully and empathetically
- Reset when boundaries are breached and respond when pushback happens
You will also receive practical tips to help you stay on track.
All webinar replays can be found on our Events Calendar:
- Ethical Case Note Writing – May 2020
- 10 Smart Strategies That Will Get Your Clients Noticed on LinkedIn – June 2020
- Helping Clients Navigate the Agile Workforce – July 2020
- Setting Boundaries with Clients – August 2020
Career Professionals of Canada is a member-driven, volunteer-run association. We offer a range of fully-facilitated online courses and webinars for careerpros. CPC members receive a 50% discount on all courses and webinars. We’re working together for your career success!