The Benefits of Certification
August 4, 2021
Benefits of Certification for Individual CDPs
- Certification confirms your mastery of critical professional competencies and recognizes your professional development and growth.
- Certification demonstrates to your clients, competitors, suppliers, peers, employers, and funders that you use industry-respected best practices.
- Certification can improve your overall performance, remove uncertainty, and widen market opportunities.
- The process of achieving and maintaining certification demonstrates that you are continually improving and refining your practice.
- Certification could enhance your career/promotion opportunities and/or your income.
- Certification can increase your recognition by peers, employers and recruiters/funders. It can set you apart from the competition and help you gain a competitive edge professionally.
- Certification establishes you as an expert and innovator in your field.
Benefits of Certification for the Career Development Field
- Certification raises the bar for our field, demonstrating to our employers/funders, policy makers, and the public that our work is grounded in professional excellence.
- Certification operationalizes the competency standards and ethical guidelines that were established through the Canadian Standards & Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs), defines our scope of practice, and supports quality service delivery.
Benefits of Certification for Employers of CDPs and Funders
- Certification can differentiate between hiring candidates. Beyond considering an individual’s experience, you can assess their knowledge and interest in professional growth and development.
- Certification helps you to identify those who have the desire to excel professionally.
- Certification is a tool to help you in targeting your staff training and professional development.
- Certification helps you to demonstrate to funders and other stakeholders that your business is run professionally.
- The application and renewal process of certification will improve staff responsibility, commitment, and motivation.
- Top-performing companies understand that properly training employees leads to direct, measurable, bottom-line benefits.
Benefits of Certification for the Public
- Certification gives the public the opportunity to make informed choices about the services and service providers they select based on the knowledge, training, and credentials of CDPs.
- Certified CDPs set a standard for excellence in the field.
Spread the love