Certification in the Career Field: A Wise Investment
By Lori Jazvac.
As a career practitioner, you need to differentiate your brand and get recognized for your competence in supporting clients to reach their highest potential. Career Professionals of Canada allows you to do just that and much more.
For over a decade, CPC has enabled practitioners to be an example of the highest standards of excellence in our field. CPC’s certification programs enable you to validate your expertise in one or more distinct niches of your choice: resume, employment, interview, and career development.
When you apply for your certification, you will receive a comprehensive study guide. As you work through the material, you’ll gain a wealth of theoretical and practical knowledge that will help you to fully prepare yourself to be certified.
Working towards a distinct career certification offers many advantages:
- Enhance the value you provide to your clients. Clients will feel more confident entrusting a certified career practitioner to assist them with achieving their professional objectives.
- Redefine your brand and unique value proposition. By working towards certifications in career strategy, resume strategy, interview strategy, and employment strategy, you will elevate your skills to a higher level.
- Gain visibility with your certification logo. You can use the certification logos on your resume, business card, blog, social media, and website to improve your own profile.
- Display the designation with the letters beside your name. When you use the CRS, CIS, CES, and CCS alongside your own name, you set yourself apart as an expert and improve your own name recognition.
- Boost your credibility within the Canadian labour market. Your certification affirms your commitment to employing “best in class standards” of ethical career practices, integrity, and professionalism.
- Increase your business prospects and success. You will refine your particular skills and capabilities and increase your confidence, which helps you build and establish a strong client base.
- Showcase your resourceful knowledge of current trends in career strategy. As long as you are certified, you will be able to stay updated on the latest trends with the newest study guides as they come out.
- Use your CPC certification for Continued Education Units. Many organizations approve CPC certifications for Continuing Education Credits as part of their re-certification and professional development programs.
- Reap benefits with your CPC Membership. As long as you are a member of CPC, you will be certified and you will be able to take advantage of all our member benefits.
- Demonstrate your commitment to continued professional career development. If you are tentative about completing the program on your own, you can enroll in facilitated courses that meet the certification requirements.
- Serve as a role model for other career practitioners. When you become certified, you enhance your own skills. You can re-purpose your work product, get published, and become nominated for an Award of Excellence.
- Certified Resume Strategist (CRS)
- Certified Interview Strategist (CIS)
- Certified Employment Strategist (CES)
- Certified Career Strategist (CCS)
- Courses leading to the Fast-Track Certification
- Certification Information Session (Webinar)
By committing to getting certified, you are making a wise investment in your career, your clients, and your career brand.