Start Your Own Business
There are advantages to self-employment. You are your own boss, you can provide the type of career services you enjoy, you can determine your hours, and you can be closer to your family. There are also disadvantages to working from home. You should consider all aspects carefully before starting your own career service.
Before starting your home-based career business, access Career Professionals of Canada’s FREE short course. You’ll explore self-employment with Sharon Graham, founder of Career Professionals of Canada. In this session, you’ll receive practical information from a business insider.
If you have the entrepreneurial spirit and want to start your very own home-based career business, do your research. Take this short course from the comfort of your home or office.
Short Course: Start a Career Practice
September 2018 |42:42 Minutes
Are you considering private practice? This FREE short course is back by popular demand. Explore self-employment with Sharon Graham, Canada’s Career Strategist. Take this course now if you want to start your own private career consulting service or résumé writing business.
During this short course, we will answer these questions:
- MODULE 1: What do I need to know about private practice?
- MODULE 2: Can I make money offering consulting services?
- MODULE 3: What services/products should I sell?
- MODULE 4: How should I structure my business?
- MODULE 5: How do I find prospective clients?
- MODULE 6: How much should I charge clients?
- MODULE 7: How do I sell the value of my services?
- MODULE 8: How do I deal with the competition?