Future Skills Centre | https://fsc-ccf.ca
Online Portal | Call for Proposal
Canada’s competitiveness and prosperity relies on a skilled and competent workforce. There is mounting evidence, however, that in a time of rapid economic and labour market change, we need to act collectively to ensure our skills development ecosystem keeps pace with the scale of disruption we are facing. There is an urgent need to better understand what skills Canadians require to prosper and how Canada can leverage its skills development infrastructure to meet the needs of workers and employers across the country today and into the future.
The objective of this Call for Proposals is to identify, test and evaluate innovative projects that have the potential to generate actionable evidence about how to better equip Canadians with the skills required to navigate a fast-changing labour market.
The Future Skills Centre is seeking proposals that address one of these three questions:
- How can we best support Canadians facing labour market disruption to transition to new jobs or industries?
- How can employers be more effectively engaged in developing and delivering demand-driven solutions to skills gap challenges?
- How can skills development systems be optimized, building up the capacity of service providers and encouraging collaboration between organizations?
Additional details: https://fsc-ccf.ca/news/development-ecosystem-call/
How to Apply
The application process will take place in three steps:
- Letters of Interest must be submitted on the application portal by 5pm EDT on September 16, 2019. Decisions will be communicated by the end of October.
- Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to submit a full application by 5pm EDT on December 16, 2019.
- Interviews with shortlisted projects will take place in February 2020. Final decisions will be communicated by the end of February.
Successful projects will be announced in March 2020.