Program Facilitator, Workplace Connections Mentoring Program
MOSAIC | https://www.mosaicbc.org/
Vancouver, BC | Part Time
MOSAIC’s Workplace Connections Mentoring Program is seeking a multi-skilled professional to build and maintain relationships with volunteer career mentors to provide support to internationally-trained skilled newcomer clients.
Employment & Language Programs
Workplace Connections works with Volunteer Career Mentors to serve newly arrived immigrant professionals. We provide opportunities for clients and volunteer Mentors to interact in groups and on a one-on-one basis. The Program Facilitator is responsible for organizing, promoting and facilitating group mentoring events; as well as fostering working relationships with community partners.
• Degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Ability to organize, promote, and facilitate group mentoring events.
• Ability to recruit and engage sector specific Career Mentors using multiple approaches.
• Ability to develop an understanding of the mentorship program including; evening sessions, client and volunteer selection and orientation, various forms of mentorship.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Ability to maintain accurate records to track activities.
• Familiar with standard office equipment. Skilled in the use of word processing software, client management databases, the Internet, e-mail, and on-line tools.
• Strong conflict resolution skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• As required, the ability to support program activities related to the establishment and maintenance of effective working partnerships with Career Mentors and clients.
• Experience with STEM occupations would be an asset.
• Experience working with an immigrant population and in employment programs would be assets.
Part-time (18 hrs. per week)
Evening and weekend work required
Contract position ending March 31, 2020
$22.49 – $23.86 per hour,
$21,051 to $22,333 annual salary, depending on qualifications and experience (based on 18 hrs. per week)
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
How to Apply
Hiring Team – MOSAIC Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
Please reference “Your Name – Mentoring Program Facilitator” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format). No telephone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
October 15, 2019 at 12:00 pm