Professional Branding Consultant (Executive Resume / LinkedIn Writer)
The Bold Career Project | http://boldcareer.com
Vancouver or Remote | Part Time, Seasonal / Contract
We are growing and are looking for a Professional Branding Consultant to join our team on a part-time sub-contractor basis (with potential to expand). The Professional Branding Consultant (PBC) will have an opportunity to develop and build resumes and LinkedIn profiles for mid-career professionals and executives. This role will be an on-going contract position with the Bold Career Project.
The Bold Career Project is a Canadian leader in career consulting and professional branding, a proud affiliate of Career Partners International, one of the world’s leading career transition firms and an official career services partner of UBC Alumni. We take pride in our market-focused approach to understanding and articulating the unique value and professional assets of our clients and connecting the dots with how employers think and recruit. We’ve developed a library of proprietary tools and learning materials to help our clients navigate their professional journey and support intentional and strategic career moves.
You are an independent and trained resume writer, with proven success in producing quality products for your clients. Or you are career coach / career transition consultant with training / certification in resume writing or equivalent. You are someone who is client focused, loves producing quality work and wants to be part of an innovative and growing career coaching / career services team. This is NOT one of those situations where you’d be a faceless, invisible contributor. We are looking for a team member, one who we’d be proud to introduce to our clients.
We support both clients who have been outplaced from their organizations and individuals who hire us to help them with career moves, elevate their personal branding, navigate their professional journey and grow their career. In some cases, you’ll work behind the scenes supporting a career consultant based on notes and client strategy. In other cases, you and the client will connect and work through the deliverable. Specific client deliverables typically include resumes (standard and custom), cover letters, and LinkedIn profile. While we handle a range of professional roles, our sweet spot is managers, executives, entrepreneurs and other senior independent professionals.
The Bold Career Project is led by Ian Christie. With 25+ years in career services and talent-focused domains. You’ll be part of a growing team of talented, sub-contracted career consultants and coaches (currently 5) supporting a range of both client projects and digital programs. There’s room to grow and expand.
Vancouver or Remote. We’ve love it if you were local to us and able to work at our office near Cambie and Broadway but are happy to work remotely for the right person.
If you can bring a proven and effective approach to professional branding, we should talk. We provide training on the Bold Career Project system and solutions. We welcome new ideas, systems and approaches to positioning our clients as strong candidates in the marketplace. It’s a hands-on, roll up your sleeve’s assignment working with great clients!
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and produce quality, effective professional branding for our clients (Resumes, Cover Letters, LinkedIn profiles) ensuring a strong profile for a successful job search.
- Tell the client’s story in an impactful, market-focused way
- Help developed tailored application materials for specific job mandates
- Consult with clients on the phone or online meeting platform, (Skype, ZOOM, Hangouts,etc.) ensuring a detailed understanding of the clients professional journey and career experience.
- Manage multiple clients in a timely and effective manner
- Support and partner with Bold Career Consultants to seamlessly deliver on the branding phase of their client projects.
- Partner with Bold Career Leadership team to ensure that expected standards are met, the “Bold Career Way” and that you add-to our knowledge and capabilities
- 10+ years “business experience” with 3+ years of resume writing experience (with a large focus on management+ level clients)
- Must have exceptional writing skills, editing and proofreading skills – you love clarity!
- Resume writing certification (or in process) / Other career-related certification welcome
- You are an MS Word wizard
- Familiarity with the principles and strategies for technology-enabled resume writing / LinkedIn profile writing (ATS-friendly, use of JobScan)
- An advanced user of LinkedIn
- Strong attention to detail, providing quality work for all candidates
- Communication skills via phone or online meeting platform (Skype, ZOOM, Hangouts, etc.)
- Independent mindset, able to meet deadlines while producing quality work
How to Apply
To introduce yourself and apply, please send a cover message clearly describing your relevant experience and availability, your resume (or equivalent) to email@example.com c/o Ian Christie. Ideally, we’d like to see some of your best work samples – if not now, then if we follow-up. We look forward to hearing from you.