Cannexus20 | https://cannexus.ca/
Ottawa, ON | Call for Presenter
CERIC invites individuals or organizations with an interest in presenting at Cannexus to submit a brief outline for consideration using the Proposal Form and encourages them to inform colleagues or students of this opportunity.
Before you submit
Please read the Guidelines and Terms of Presenting before proceeding to the Proposal Form.
Presenting at Cannexus, Canada’s largest bilingual National Career Development Conference, provides you with an unmatched opportunity to exchange information and explore innovative approaches in the areas of career counselling and career and workforce development. You will gain recognition as an expert and leader in the field at the conference and beyond. We expect 1,200 participants from across Canada and internationally.
Be part of Cannexus as one of our presenters!
- Share new ideas or highlight notable projects, research and practices
- Contribute to furthering cross-sectoral dialogue and building knowledge in the field
- Advance your own professional development by demonstrating that you are staying current on what’s happening in career development
- Receive feedback and gain new perspectives from peers to further shape your work
- Meet new people or reconnect with colleagues who share your interests from different backgrounds, organizations and geographies – and build your network
- Increase the visibility of career development with funders, policymakers and the public
As a Cannexus presenter, you receive a discounted registration allowing you to participate throughout the conference, thereby extending the value of your investment.
Any personal information collected on the proposal form will be kept in the strictest of confidence. Note, if you are selected to present, your name, bio, title, and session information will be used to in Cannexus promotional materials.
Cannexus presenters are researchers and practitioners from universities, schools, community agencies, governments, private practices and corporations. They are professionals in career development and related fields who are forward-thinkers with fresh and impactful ideas and projects to convey.
Areas of Interest
CERIC has identified areas of interest to assist presenters in targeting the content of their sessions. These are examples only; however, all proposals need to reference career counselling and career development fields.
- Effective Career Counselling/Coaching Techniques
- New Technology/Tools/Trends
- Current Research, Theory & Methodology
- Self-Care for Career Professionals
- Employment/Training Programs (Community, Government, Industry)
- Youth Career Development
- Entrepreneurship & Self-Employment
- Indigenous Career Development
- Clients with Disabilities
- Newcomer and Refugee Communities
- Career Education K-12/Post-Secondary
- Employee Recruitment & Engagement
- Labour Market Information
- Workforce Planning & Development
- Career Development for Mature Workers
- Leadership & Management Issues for Career/Employment Centre Directors
How to Apply
Submit proposal online by Friday, June 7, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET.