Message From Executive Director – Community, Support & Resources
Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak. We are deeply grateful to government officials, healthcare workers, social workers, emergency service workers, and other front-line responders. Thank you to all the food service providers, vendors, suppliers, postal workers, couriers, and so many other selfless people for stepping up to help their communities during this challenging time.
Our thoughts also go out to our members and colleagues. We know it’s never been more important to help Canadians through this difficult time – especially those living in vulnerable communities, managing precarious work situations, and dealing with difficult life circumstances.
Be assured that we already have a pre-emptive business continuity plan in place and our member benefits, courses, and certification programs are all running. There is a great deal of uncertainty right now, and so I want to reach out directly with some additional support and resources.
Community Support & Resources
- Everyone is invited to join us on our Facebook Group to share strategies and advice.
- We have now extended a $50 discount on membership until April 30, 2020.
- CPC members receive 50% off the regular price for online courses.
- Our primary goal to to keep you informed and provide you with ongoing support.
- CareerWise has produced an excellent set of resources for career professionals.
- Here’s our compilation of fact sheets and handouts for your use and distribution.
Professional Development Distractions
- Take time out each day to practice mindfulness and self-care.
- Update your résumé with your recent accomplishments.
- Download and study CERIC’s publication Strengthening Mental Health Through Effective Career Development: A Practitioner’s Guide.
- Write and submit an article about your experience for publication on CPC’s website.
- Learn if you are ready to start a career practice.
CPC Member Support & Resources
- Log in and get regular updates on my Sharon Shares blog.
- Join CPC’s career check-in support sessions.
- Participate in tele-networking and Welcome Wagon events.
- Access tele-networking and Welcome Wagon recordings on the Career Club.
- Download tip sheets and access shared resources.
- Read the CRS Insider and CIS Insider.
- Watch some 30-minute webinar presentations.
- Prepare your CPC Award of Excellence nomination.
I want to express my gratitude to our CPC leadership team and many volunteers from our community who have stepped up to support me during this difficult time. I invite you to share your questions, ideas, and comments with our community and hope that we can serve you and those you love during these difficult times. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
Your number one fan,
Sharon Graham is founder and executive director of Career Professionals of Canada. Committed to setting the standard for excellence in the career development profession, Sharon has authored top selling paperback publications and textbooks, and has established a range of certification, professional development, community development, mentoring and award programs. As executive director of CPC, she provides foresight and leadership within sector and ensures that the mandate of this national organization is upheld with integrity.