South Essex Community Council | http://www.secc.on.ca/
Leamington, ON | Full Time, Seasonal / Contract
The Job Developer’s role within SECC Employment Services is to provide information and support to employers utilizing employer services, market the program, recruit potential employers and develop employment opportunities for clients. Under the general supervision of the Employment Services Department Coordinator and Employment Edge Program Leader, the Job Developer assumes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Understand local Labour Market and needs of local Employers
- Maintain accurate statistical information for Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities’ (MTCU) and SECC’s monthly reporting purposes.
- Maintain an employer filing system that is efficient and easily accessible in accordance with the MTCU file guidelines.
- Market Employment Services to employers throughout service area utilizing a variety of method such as personal visits, cold calls, job fairs, information fairs and, public events.
- Develop and update postings of employment opportunities for any interested employers and keep all Employment Services staff informed about all job postings.
- Maintain job board
- Promote various employer subsidy programs and information on government initiatives to new, current and previous employers.
- Respond to employer inquiries regarding activity on job vacancies; work with employers to coordinate other services such as interview space applicant screening and developing job descriptions.
- Seek out new employers, identify employers’ requirements for staff recruitment, conduct initial Employer interviews, screening and application process.
- Match clients to Employers; meet with clients and/or Employment Consultants to determine client suitability for client placement.
- Work as part of a “practitioner team” coordinating on the job training with the client, his/her Employment Consultant and/or Job Coach
- Develop Employment contracts for placements; coordinate meetings with applicable people to review and sign contracts.
- Provide on-the-job support to clients (when necessary) and employers during training placements, complete regular progress monitors and resolve job performance issues.
- Liaise with Employment Consultants and Job Coaches regarding clients’ employment needs and progress in placements and provide follow-up assistance to clients as needed.
- Facilitate workshops when necessary
- Conduct practice interviews with clients
- Develop partnerships with community groups
- Attend, promote and provide assistance to agency functions for the purpose of promoting and/or raising funds for SECC.
- Attend community or staff meetings and other SECC functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
University Degree in the field of Social/Human Sciences and/or related fields OR Community College Diploma in a related program AND two (2) years’ experience working with at risk unemployed individuals and/or persons with disabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills; computer skills.
- Local Labour Market knowledge
- Able to work in a busy and changing environment; capable of multi-tasking.
- Able to effectively troubleshoot situations
- Ability to develop partnerships with community agencies/groups.
- Ability to adjust to a flexible work schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle and able to travel to various sites on a regular
HOURS OF WORK AND SALARY:
- 35 Hours per week with additional evenings as required attending meetings, workshops, focus groups etc.
- Rate of pay in accordance with the SECC CUPE Collective Agreement.
- This is a temporary position covering a leave of absence. End date has not been determined.
- Provide courteous, supportive and professional service at all times.
- Be attentive to detail and able to meet deadlines.
- Work as part of a team and contribute to the smooth operations of the department.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with clients and coworkers.
- Able to work in a busy and changing environment; capable of multi-tasking and of dealing with constant interruptions.
- Exercise flexibility in work hours to accommodate presentations or other applicable situations.
- Adhere to Ethical Counselling Standards and respect the privacy of clients
- Understand the mandate of the program and effectively to potential and current employers.
How to Apply
Please submit resumes by 8:00 a.m.
Monday, October 7, 2019
Manager, Human Resources
Please be sure to list all qualifications you possess as they relate to the qualifications in the posting.
- All of the qualifications in the posting are deemed necessary to perform the work required of the position
- Interviews and practical assessments will be conducted to clarify qualifications
- SECC is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of racialized communities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Should you require an accommodation at any part of the application or interview process, please advise the Manager of Human Resources