Horticultural Technician Pre-Apprenticeship Coach/ Facilitator
The Career Foundation | https://careerfoundation.com/
Hamilton, ON | Full Time, Seasonal / Contract
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. The Career Foundation receives funding from Employment Ontario, Service Canada, and private sector companies. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
At The Career Foundation we value inclusiveness and embrace diversity in the workplace. We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative and team-oriented.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Conducting marketing and outreach to recruit program candidates
- Providing program information to public and conducting telephone screening to assess eligibility
- Conducting group information sessions, reviewing applications and communicating decision to candidates
- Facilitating group employability skills workshops and providing one-on-one job coaching to participants
- Liaising with program partners
- Supporting participants during the college training component of the program to ensure completion
- Assisting with the coordination of job fairs and other project-related events
- Arranging and scheduling meetings with community partners and site visits with employers
- Assisting with job development/ placement for participants
- Completing employer training incentive claims while working collaboratively with other staff at Employment Ontario offices
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic files on internal database
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- University degree or College diploma
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Experience working with youth with barriers to employment
- Knowledge of local labour market, job search strategies and techniques
- Can adopt a flexible approach to work to ensure all requirements of the program are met
- Good organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Knowledge of and interest in the trades is important — experience working in the horticultural landscape field would be an asset
- Must be willing to travel between locations in the Hamilton area
Position Type: Full time 5-month contract (possibility of renewal)
Please note: availability of this position is contingent on funding approval. If approved the position will commence on February 4, 2019.
How to Apply
A cover letter and resume, addressed to The Hiring Committee, must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.