Employment Skills Facilitator, WorkBC Programs
MOSAIC | https://www.mosaicbc.org
Delta, BC | Part Time
MOSAIC is seeking an individual who is enthusiastic, self-motivating, and possesses excellent communication skills to fill the position of Employment Skills Facilitator.
Employment & Language Programs
Under the direction of the WorkBC Centre Manager, the Employment Skills Facilitator is primarily responsible for developing and delivering effective classroom instruction to WorkBC clients, resulting in improved employability and successful job attachment outcome. This position works out of Delta & Ladner locations.
- A post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in a relevant field (e.g. career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling, education or human resources management) or demonstrated experience in:
- Conducting and interpreting Client needs assessments
- Coaching and mentoring Clients
- Working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
- Building partnerships with community agencies, employers and other stakeholders
- Providing customer service and resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery system
- Delivering basic life skills / essential work skills program
- Adapting teaching materials to meet the needs of clients
- Facilitating group-based learning for adult learners
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural communication skills; possess patience, tact, flexibility and ability to build rapport with clients
- Proficient working knowledge of the WorkBC Integrated Case Management tool
- Excellent working knowledge of existing programs and services, community resources, and local labour market conditions
- CCDP designation (Certified Career Development Practitioner) or in process of being certified is an asset. Other relevant certifications that would be an asset include: TESOL, Essential Skills, and curriculum development etc.
- Connecting WorkBC program model understanding into strategies and processes that leads to improved client success and contractual outcome
- Evaluating curriculum and teaching methodologies and regularly updates classroom instruction delivery in order to achieve successful client outcome
- Evaluating the process that determines how case managed clients are referred to classroom instruction; assist coordinator/manager in refining the process regularly
- Criminal Record Check Required
Part-time (21 hours per week)
$26,055 to $ 27,639 annual salary
$23.86 to $25.31 hourly rate
Based on experience and qualifications
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
How to Apply
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
Please reference “Your Name – Employment Skills Facilitator WorkBC Programs” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format). No telephone calls please. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
October 15th, 2019 at 4:30 pm