Employment Services Advisor, Employment Services
MOSAIC | https://www.mosaicbc.org/
Vancouver, BC | Full Time
MOSAIC is seeking enthusiastic, client-centered, and results-oriented individuals to fill two Employment Services Advisor positions. The project assists visible minority newcomer women to prepare for and access paid entry-level employment that will get them on the path to a career as a Health Care Aide.
Employment and Language Services
Under the direction of the Coordinator, the Employment Services Advisor provides a wide range of services including employment counselling, facilitation, and placement services. The Employment Services Advisor is also responsible for maintaining an excellent working relationship with clients and employers.
- Bachelor’s degree in adult education, counselling or ESL studies or high school graduation with appropriate combination of course work and experience in employment counselling, adult education, or ESL studies,
- One to two‐years of experience providing assessment, curriculum development, instruction to adult ESL learners, employment counselling, and/or referral services
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills, ability to develop employment-related curricula and facilitate interactive workshops
- Experience with overcoming employment-related issues for immigrant professionals
- Cultural sensitivity; able to work with diverse groups and vulnerable populations
- Experience marketing and recruiting for programs
- Track record of achieving program targets and maintaining/developing employer relationships
- Highly organized and motivated
- Possesses patience, tact, and flexibility
- Excellent working knowledge of program activities, targeted local labour market conditions, standard office equipment, MS Office and database software
- Career Development Practitioner certified will be considered asset
- TESL Certificated will be considered an asset
- Ability to speak another language will be considered an asset
- Criminal Record Check required
Full-time (35 hours per week)
$40,932 to $43,425 annual salary
$22.49 to $23.86 hourly rate
Based on experience and qualifications
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
How to Apply
Hiring Team – MOSAIC Employment Services
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
Please reference “Your Name – Employment Services Advisor, Vancouver location” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format). No telephone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
October 21, 2019 at 4:30 pm