Employment Placement Specialist
Prospect Human Services | https://prospectnow.ca/
Calgary AB | Full Time
Break Barriers. Employ Change.
Prospect Human Services is dedicated to identifying situations where groups of individuals are facing challenges with full participation, and developing the services and supports necessary to break down those barriers. Our current portfolio provides support to both individuals and employers to fully integrate our community and our workforce.
Prospect strongly believes in its five brand pillars and is looking for great candidates who share the same beliefs:
Prospect creates change by envisioning the end game and creating the means to realize it. We believe asking “why not?” aids progress.Solutions are created when we think beyond traditional boundaries.
Prospect seeks different perspectives. All parties must be engaged, including for-profit, not-for-profit, funders and government. Only by understanding all points of view can we create inclusive workplaces.
In every facet of our work, our actions show a commitment to professional management and service delivery. Prospect is accountable, ethical and honest.
Prospect approaches every opportunity with enthusiasm.We drive change with energy, optimism and commitment. Anyone who walks through our doors can feel the positive energy.
We are driven by the desire to promote human welfare and advance social reforms in the working world. While our commitment is all heart, our solutions are all business.
Detailed Job Description
When was the last time you worked at an organization with a real purpose? Not a slogan or a jingle. A purpose that actually made society better. Something that you could identify with from day one. Has it been a while? Never? Well, here’s where your luck changes.
Prospect is one of Alberta’s leading not-for-profits. We live by four words: Break barriers. Employ change. Yes, it’s right there under our logo. No, it’s not just a tag line. Anywhere people face barriers to employment, we’re there to help. A big part of that job is educating employers to look at skilled parts of the labour market they haven’t tapped before. And that’s where you have an opportunity, to become one of our Employment Placement Specialists. You’ll be on the front lines of breaking barriers, as part of an amazing team that matches the unique skill sets of our clients with employers who need their talents.
If you’re persuasive, love presenting and sharing ideas, and believe that a diverse and inclusive society enriches all, please keep reading.
What will you do?
- Work with clients from a variety of demographics to identify job targets and match their skill sets with the right job and employer
- Support clients in their job search
- Deliver a set number of placements per month
- Provide pre-employment support such as: resume/cover letter development, assistance in the application process and interview preparation for clients
- Assess potential employers to find opportunities that align with client skills, qualifications and goals
- Coordinate placement details such as hours of work, wages and benefits between clients and employers
- Coordinate placement details with clients and other internal departments such as Service Coordinators, Job Coaches and Administration
- Create long lasting partnerships with employers to enable multiple placement opportunities for clients
- Develop relationships with employers by phone, e-mail and in person
- Maintain awareness of current employment opportunities and labour market trends
- Act as a representative to address attitudinal barriers, works to remove stigmas attached to employment and people outside the traditional labour pool
- Represent Prospect at career fairs, trade shows and other events as required
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in the CRM database and weekly EPS tracking reports and other reports, as required
What does it take to do this job?
- Post-secondary education is required
- Prior experience working with people with disabilities
- Prior experience in placement and/or building customer relationships is preferred (an equivalent combination of education and professional experience will be considered)
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- A genuine desire to build relationships with various client population groups, employers, and internal/external stakeholders
- Exceptional client service with the ability to present ideas and/or services to individuals and groups
- Able to take initiative and be resourceful in seeking out placement opportunities, including the ability to reach out and make connections
- Highly professional, driven, charismatic, reliable, and confident individual who thrives under pressure
- Past experience with pre-employment strategies and knowledge of the local labour market are considered assets
- Exposure to diversity and inclusion programs is an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- All employees must pass a criminal background check
- Those candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered