Coast Mental Health | https://www.coastmentalhealth.com/
Vancouver, BC | Full Time
Coast Mental Health (Coast) is one of the largest mental health non-profit societies in Canada, and operates a large array of innovative housing and community based rehabilitation services for people with a mental illness living in and around Vancouver. Coast operates in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia providing approximately 1000 people with supportive housing and 4000 clients living in the community with a wide variety of programs and services.
Coast fosters a client-driven, recovery-oriented environment that promotes restoring health, personal growth and a return to society for individuals with a mental illness through advocacy and providing direct programs and services.
Under the direction of the Director of Employment Services, this position is responsible for, the training, supervision and co-ordination of designated work units within the Clubhouse vocational program and supporting Clubhouse members on their prevocational plan that included the Transitional Employment Program, in line with the mission, objectives and policies of Coast Foundation and the Employment Services Division.
- University degree in social services or social work, or, diploma and equivalent combination of education and work experience is required and at least two years work experience in social, health or related fields.
- Knowledge of community and psychiatric resources and services.
- A Valid BC Class 5 drivers licence and vehicle,
- Emergency First Aid certificate
- Criminal record clearance through the Ministry of Justice required if hired.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work with people with a mental illness.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Good motivational skills.
- Understand the principles of psychiatric rehabilitation and employment counselling and the philosophy, functions, policies and goals of the Clubhouse program.
- We believe in the person, not the disease.
- We operate client-centered care under the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- There is a variety of work within a particular position and within the organization.
- We strive to be the best that we can be.
- We hold Exemplary Status accreditation through Accreditation Canada.
- We have won numerous awards for our innovative programming.
- We care about our employees, and believe in living our values and culture throughout the organization.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 08:00 16:00 hrs, every second Friday 10:00 – 18:00 hrs