Employment Counsellor (Vietnamese speaking)
MOSAIC | https://www.mosaicbc.org
South Vancouver, BC | Full Time
MOSAIC is seeking a client-centred and results-orientated Employment Counsellor who is passionate about empowering clients to reach their employment goals. The Employment Counsellor is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining client awareness and navigation, conducting needs and financial assessments to create an action plan, and monitoring and following-up with clients until a successful job attachment outcome is achieved.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in a relevant field (e.g. career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling, education or human resources management) OR 2 or more years of demonstrated experience in:
- Providing customer service and resolving issues both in person and by a virtual service delivery system
- Working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
- Conducting and interpreting clients’ needs assessments
- Coaching and mentoring clients
- Building partnerships with community agencies, employers and other stakeholders
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
- Working knowledge of the WorkBC Integrated Case Management tool
- Strong grasp of the WorkBC policies and guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of existing programs and services, community resources, and local labour market conditions
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Criminal Record Check required
HOURS: 35 hours per week
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $43,425 to $46,064 per annum, commensurate with level of experience and qualifications
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
How to Apply
Hiring Team – MOSAIC Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
Please reference “Your Name – Employment Counsellor WorkBC Programs(Vancouver South)” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format). No telephone calls please.