WCG Services | http://www.wcgservices.com
Chilliwack | Full Time
The Employment Counsellor assists Clients to find and maintain employment. This role ensures successful outcomes for the Client while ensuring all contract deliverables are achieved. While this role is responsible for their case load, all Service Team members will provide support, creating a team around the individual.
This role will work with the Client and provide ongoing support to the Client as they progress to achieve goals and objectives in the Client’s Action Plan. The process of Case Management involves developing a positive relationship with the Client, encouraging, motivating and supporting the Client to achieve sustainable employment, and increase independence and self-sufficiency as appropriate for each Client. Key factors in Case Management include helping Clients build confidence, become self-motivated and recognize and build their skills, strengths and abilities.
Case Management: Conduct a Client Needs Assessment; develop and revise action plans; provide individualized Job Sustainment support
Other Services: Provide services to Clients in a manner that is welcoming, safe and professional and ensures that their privacy rights are protected. Stay up-to-date on any other programs or funding sources that Clients may access to provide any Client with information the Client may require to apply for those programs or funding sources.
And other duties as required, including going beyond job description to help colleagues or to do work related to other roles whenever necessary
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and interpreting Client Needs Assessments; coaching and mentoring Clients; working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds; working with individuals from a variety of Inclusion Groups; and building partnerships with employers, community agencies, and other stakeholders
- Successful track record helping Clients to overcome barriers to employment
- Strong digital literacy including social media and Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid understanding of confidentiality and other professional codes of conduct; must submit for a criminal record check
- Ability to work outside require business hours, including in shifts, evenings, and Saturdays
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle as well as the flexibility and the ability to work in different locations in the Fraser North East catchment
Proficiency in French and/or other languages in addition to English
Post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in a relevant field (e.g. career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling, education, or human resources management) preferred
How to Apply
Learn more and apply at http://www.wcgservices.com/careers