Goodwill Industries of Alberta | https://www.goodwill.ab.ca/
Sherwood Park, AB | Full Time
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Employment Coordinator is responsible for providing individualized case management to adults with disabilities that are looking to obtain or maintain employment or volunteer opportunities in the community. The Employment Coordinator is also responsible for file maintenance including acting as a liaison between individuals, employers, and their support network to ensure success for the individual.
In collaboration with the Supervisor, Career Connections, your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting Person Centered Plan (PCP) interviews with the individual, their support network and guardian (if applicable), in order to determine the individual’s employment aspirations, experiences, abilities, skills and potential obstacles.
- Monitoring and developing the Individual Service Plan (ISP) documents in collaboration with the individual and his/her supports and stakeholders
- Communicating ISP documentation with the Career Connections staff to ensure effective implementation of planning, in accordance with accreditation standards. Plan, facilitates and implement annual planning meetings and revisions of the individual’s PCP and ISP documentation within the required timelines
- Meeting with employers and employment coaches to establish work goals and develops implementation plan.
- Providing regular follow up on assigned individuals with regular on-site visits and phone calls.
- Utilising employer information to gain new employment opportunities and propose modified employment (job carve).
- In collaboration with Disability Services, providing individuals with referrals to community resources as needed.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum 2 years of post-secondary education in related field – Social Services, Psychology.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or barriers to employment.
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid class 5 driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must be familiar with Edmonton and Area
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- An interest to work with individuals with disabilities.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication.
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill by February 6th, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.