Guidelines for Certification Applicants
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
CPC is committed to protect your freedom of information, privacy, and confidentiality. We comply with Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
As a CPC Certification Applicant, you have the right to:
- Be informed of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
- Be treated with courtesy, respect, and impartiality.
- Be tested with measures that meet professional standards.
- Have access to the outline of the submission purpose and process prior to submitting your work product. This outline can be found on the CPC website.
- Know in advance of the submission process when the results will be available to you, and if you will be expected to pay a fee for resubmission. This outline can be found on the CPC website.
- Have your test administered and your test results interpreted by appropriately trained individuals who follow professional codes of ethics.
- Receive an oral debrief of your results upon your request within one month of your submission.
- Have your application results kept confidential to the extent allowed by law.
- Present concerns or inquiries about the testing process to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a CPC Certification Applicant, you have the responsibility to:
- Read and/or listen to your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
- Treat others with courtesy and respect during the submission process.
- Ask questions prior to submission if you are uncertain about the purpose and/or process.
- Study your certification manual and instructions in detail prior to submitting your work product.
- Inform CPC in advance of starting the program if you wish to receive a testing accommodation.
- Follow the submission instructions and represent yourself honestly.
- Work independently to complete your submission without outside assistance.
- Be familiar with and accept the consequences of not submitting your work product on time.
- Inform your CPC administrator if you believe that testing conditions affected your results.
- Ask about the confidentiality of your test results, if this aspect concerns you.
- Present any concerns you may have about the submission process or results in a timely, respectful way.
Questions? Call CPC directly at 866-896-8768.
Our phone lines are open weekdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm Eastern.