Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security program (IDEaS) |
Canada | Call for Proposal
As part of Canada’s new defence policy – Strong, Secure, Engaged – the Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security program (IDEaS) was created to provide $1.6 billion of investment in innovation related to research, development and demonstration for defence and security over the next 20 years. The program aims to foster open innovation to provide creative thinkers with the structure and support to encourage solutions, which will assist in solving some of Canada’s toughest defence and security challenges.
The innovators who best meet the requirements of the challenge and call for proposals (CFP) will receive funding of up to $200,000 for a period of six months to refine their proposed solutions and present the department with a reasonable path towards full implementation of their idea. After six months of work, the proposals will be evaluated to determine if additional funding will be provided to bring their refined idea to reality.
The program has launched a second call for proposals (CFP) for Competitive Projects with nine (9) challenges. The CFP will be open until November 27, 2018.
Do you have proposals than can address:
• Detection of concealed explosives
• Respiratory protection for DND/CAF members with facial hair
• An integrated human resources data management solution
• Alternative recruitment models
• Verification of full motion video integrity
• Persistent maritime surface sensor system
• Understanding cyber intent
• Detecting and responding to hostile information activities
• Full spectrum communications in the Arctic