Client Success Coach
Windmill Microlending | http://www.windmillmicrolending.org
Toronto, ON | Full Time
Client Success Coaches report directly to the Manager, Client Success, as part of the team led by the National Director, Client Success. CS Coaches are responsible for the effective delivery and maintenance of Windmill loans.
Coaches are instrumental in applying WM’s fundamental principles of acting in applicants’ best interests and balancing risk with sustainability. They support clients through the development to the completion of their learning plans, they assess employability skills and challenges faced by clients at the time that they apply for a Windmill Loan and provide appropriate coaching and referrals to external services that will support a client’s success as it relates to loan repayment and gainful employment outcomes.
The CS Coach will play an important role in supporting significant growth and organizational change at Windmill, where the environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial. This role contributes to the attainment of Windmill’s mission, and exemplifies the values of passion, empowerment, simplicity, and results in all he/she does. This position will be based either in Toronto.
The Client Success Coach will have the following responsibilities:
Application and Loan Delivery (50%)
- Review client applications
- Review Employment Readiness Scale reports
- Meet with applicants to assess readiness and risk through the implementation of the client success and financial risk scorecards
- Debrief and coach clients on results obtained through the Employment Readiness Scale survey
- Seek clarification and provide guidance on learning, employment plans and budgets
- Keep abreast of accreditation processes, learning resources and other community resources in order to help guide applicants’ learning plans and the preparation of appropriate action plans
- Provide coaching and advice to support the action plans created, and refer clients to appropriate community resources
- Ensure that loan applications are complete and follow Windmill policies
- Introduce clients to Windmill’s Alumni network, and explain the benefits of becoming alumni when they pay-off their loan
- Submit scorecards with loan approval or decline recommendation to Financial Risk and Loan Review Team for final review
- Move clients through the facilitation pipeline in the organizations CRM system
- Manage a portfolio of clients and provide follow-up and additional coaching and referrals as needed during the loan repayment period
- Identify opportunities for mentoring and refer to Windmill’s mentoring program when appropriate
- Inform applicants of approval decisions and refer to the Loan Management team for loan set-up and on-boarding
Operational Excellence (30%)
- Achieve annual targets for the loan program
- Reach loan program performance measures, including standards and targets for service levels, payback rate, loan renegotiations, loan write-offs, etc.
- Ensure high quality information in loan portfolio by addressing data gaps identified in regular database audits
- Recommend improvements or activities that increase the proficiency and efficiency of the loan program team
- Comply with all Windmill service standards and policies, as updated from time to time
- Aim to improve capabilities by participating in training and learning sessions
Portfolio Management (20%)
- Maintain a strong relationship with clients throughout the loan repayment period, and in particular during the learning plan period, so that clients are best supported in reaching their goals
- Complete follow-up tasks for clients, as prescribed in the policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records
- Follow up on loan delinquencies; liaise with loan management to identify delinquency issues, inquire about the circumstances that led to these and develop additional action plans with clients to help loan managers in bringing the loans back into good standing; support clients with referrals to other supports, if appropriate
- Maintain a healthy loan portfolio and a balanced workload according to prescribed benchmarks and targets; work with Manager, Client Success to achieve this balance on a regular basis
- Participate in regular team meetings and proactively identify risk management measures necessary to ensure a high quality portfolio
Competencies and Characteristics:
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team
- Excellent organization and time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in both official languages and proficiency in additional languages are assets
- A professional demeanour that encourages confidence and trust; is empathetic and understanding, inquisitive and inquiring
- Ability to analyse situations/information, and confidence to recommend actions based on the analysis
- Unquestionable professional integrity
- Ability to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working as part of a team and independently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity; is familiar with Canada’s immigrant population and the services and programs available to them
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Possesses a relevant undergraduate degree or diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in providing excellent client service that is supportive of clients’ needs and reflective of their circumstances
- Experience or education in Career Counselling, Career Development or Coaching.
- Is skilled in conducting one on one meetings that result in insights into character and motivation
- Possesses intermediate to advanced MS Office skills and internet search skills
- Experience with case management and CRM systems.
- Shared office space
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week; 8 hour days)
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours due to meetings, events or emergencies; occasional overnight travel outside of Calgary/Toronto may be required
- Commensurate with experience. Windmill offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary, health/wellness, RSP and vacation benefits.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying for the position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference: Client Success Coach). We are actively recruiting for this position, so to ensure you are given due consideration for this opportunity, interested candidates should send their resume, including a cover letter and salary expectation, as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Clearance Certificate. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.