Client Engagement Worker (Employment Specialist)
Learning Enrichment Foundation | http://lefca.org
Toronto, Ontario | Full Time, Seasonal / Contract
The Learning Enrichment Foundation supports individuals to go from economically struggling to thriving. We provide a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports to members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, laid off, and a host of other individual circumstances.
We are looking for a team member who works as part of an integrated team. This includes but is no limited to employment coaching and settlement counselling as part of a broader mission of community engagement. In this role as Client Engagement Worker (Employment Specialist), you will provide a wide range of employment services and supports to assist community members, including newcomers, obtain employment and other needs. Taking into consideration their strengths and assets, you will develop in-depth relationships with individuals and families to build integrated action plans for success and sustain long-term relationships for on-going support.
This role requires the strength to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances and the flexibility to respond creatively to enable individuals and families to become valued contributors to their community’s social and economic development. As part of the team, you are willing to take on challenges, rethink current models of service delivery and work proactively to bring out the best in community members, staff and yourself.
As a key member, you will be working with a dedicated team of professionals, who are highly committed to our community and who support employment and settlement needs, develop employer and community partnerships and are all strong leaders in their fields of expertise.
- Personal and professional commitment to a community and client responsive approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, or a related subject
- Sound knowledge of current labour market trends, Canadian workplace practices, job search strategies and techniques for a variety of occupations.
- 1-2 years of Employment Ontario services experience including second career, apprenticeship and experience in supporting clients through job maintenance.
- Experience assisting newcomers with settlement needs
- Sensitivity to diversity and the ability to deal effectively with many personality types
- Demonstrated success in working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to manage an active caseload of 40 to 60 participants
- Proficient in delivering workshops to groups of all ages and on a variety of topics including employment
- Results-oriented with strong oral and written communication skills, proven experience in advocacy
- Dynamic, vibrant relationship builder, motivator and connector
- Self reliant and motivated, with refined organizational abilities
- Knowledge of the Weston/Mount Dennis neighbourhood an asset
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends
- The ability to speak another language an asset
- The Learning Enrichment Foundation places a high value on lived experience. Personal experience with poverty, unemployment, homelessness and similar challenges is strongly considered an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and covering letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your covering letter your vision for working in an integrated service model.
To be considered, applications must be received by December 14th, 2018 – 5:00 p.m.
We will contact you should we decide to move forward with your submission.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations to participate in this event, please contact Elisa Martinez-Reyes at email@example.com.