Business Liaison Specialist (Job Developer)
Job Skills | http://www.jobskills.org/
Newmarket, ON | Full Time
Who we are:
Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
What we need:
Results-driven individuals who:
- Are inspired by helping people achieve their employment goals and enjoys building relationships with the employer and business community
- Have demonstrated experience in sales, negotiation, building partnerships, innovation, coaching and facilitating change
- Have post-secondary education in a Social Services related field, Human Resources, Marketing, Recruitment or a combination of related education and relevant work experience
- Have well-developed interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Have knowledge of community agencies, services, resources and employers within the community
- Will have a valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
What you will do:
The Business Liaison Specialist is responsible for developing collaborative relationships with employers and Job Skills clients, to engage employers and find job placement opportunities for our clients. This “hands on role” involves identifying and addressing participant needs and issues, as they work towards meeting their employment goals.
In this role, the Business Liaison Specialist will establish a direct relationship with employers by contacting and meeting with them, as well as encouraging them to provide opportunities for clients. In addition, the Business Liaison Specialist will provide clients with assessment and career development services, such as mock interviews, résumé, cover letter assistance, and facilitation of employment related workshops in order to increase their knowledge of the job market, career options and themselves.
The Business Liaison Specialist will coach Job Skills’ clients towards successful and meaningful employment by:
- Creating and implementing outreach strategies to engage employers and help them understand the benefit of hiring Job Skills’ clients
- Helping employers determine needs, developing job descriptions for meaningful training and arranging for interviews of potential employees
- Screening employers for suitability and relevancy, securing buy-in commitments and participation in Job Skills Employment
- Programs, coordinating and negotiating for job contracts
- Working collaboratively with clients to support the achievement of their employment objectives through the assessment of client needs, clarification of employment goals and coaching to promote client success and employment retention
- Ensuring suitable clients are matched with the appropriate work placements and mentoring opportunities
- Actively promoting all Job Skills Employment Programs and Services to develop employment opportunities for our clients through networking and outreach opportunities
- Developing meaningful partnerships within the community using your strong sales, marketing and communication skills
- Meeting targets and objectives as set by management and the funding requirements
- Developing and maintaining accurate, up-to-date, documentation of employers and clients, including updating databases and client files when necessary, monthly summary reports and other administrative duties as required
What you will get:
In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part of our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new Programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our staff, our community and our clients.
As a Business Liaison Specialist with Job Skills, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals. In this role, you will utilize your unique combination of skills and experience in counseling and networking to help clients find and maintain meaningful employment.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title, and job reference number in the email subject line and tell us how you learned about this opportunity in your cover letter. Also, please discuss how you’ve been involved in job development or related skills such as sales, negotiation, people skills and managing a caseload to achieve targets.
Please reply in confidence by 4:30 p.m. May 2, 2019.
JOB SKILLS Hiring Committee
Job Reference Number: NE041949
14-130 Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1