Sharon Graham is Canada’s Career Strategist. Founder and Executive Director of Career Professionals of Canada and top-selling author of career publications, Sharon Graham’s PASSION is helping Canadian career practitioners achieve career and business success. Her MISSION is to seek out and find new ways to help her colleagues survive and thrive. Her VISION is to drive the nation towards global leadership in career development.
Sharon knows that your success is her success!
Sharon Graham founded Career Professionals of Canada in 2004, setting the cornerstones for quality service, highest ethical standards, and provision of expert advice. As CPC’s executive director, she ensures that the mandate of this national organization – enabling Canadian Career Professionals to achieve their career, business, and professional development goals – is upheld with integrity.
A devoted advocate of human rights, she seeks to make a positive difference in every life she touches.
An outspoken advocate for ethics and integrity in the Canadian labour market, Sharon has personally trained, mentored, and developed hundreds of résumé writers, employment consultants, outplacement consultants, and other practitioners. With a superior reputation in the industry, she imparts over two decades of expertise spanning strategic résumé writing, interview coaching, employment counselling, personal branding, and career consulting expertise.
Sharon is committed to setting the standard for excellence in the profession of career development. A firm believer in advancing the field, through CPC, Sharon has delivered cutting-edge innovations and strategies to career practitioners in the government, academic, not-for-profit, and private sectors. Elevating procedures and practices, she identifies innovations, tests theories, and drives new ideas.
Sharon is the force behind CPC’s programs:
- A pioneer in the field, Sharon has authored the first fully Canadian content book series on résumé writing – Best Canadian Résumés and Best Canadian Cover Letters. These national top sellers in the résumé category have become a one-of-a-kind resource for practitioners across Canada. The textbooks, complete with sample résumés and cover letters, are used nationwide to train and support résumé writers, career coaches, and job seekers.
- Sharon created a formal Professional Certification Program to ensure the stature and credibility of career professionals. This program validates the expertise of career professionals across the nation.
- To upgrade the competence of practitioners across Canada, she authored The Canadian Career Strategist Series, five textbooks to support the certification program.
- To support the professional development of practitioners, she architected a Career Development Practitioner (CDP) Online Program entirely designing, developing, and deploying the program across the nation.
- As a subject matter expert in the area of strategic résumé development, Sharon has fully designed a series of Real-World Résumé Optimization courses and programs to help practitioners learn about Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and apply current technology.
- Sharon also instituted a Canadian Awards of Excellence Program, ensuring that peers in the careers industry recognize those who demonstrate the levels to which she aspires.
- Sharon has instituted a wide variety of programs including a unique social networking forum, The Career Club, where practitioners can share concerns, ask questions, and develop relationships in a “safe” environment. She has developed numerous webinars, tele-networking programs, and blended delivery courses to drive the field toward excellence in service delivery.
Sharon is the recipient of the following awards:
- Stu Conger Award for Leadership in Career Counselling and Career Development in Canada: This prestigious title is Canada’s premier honour presented annually by the Canadian Career Development Foundation. Leadership represents that rare combination of vision, dedication, commitment, ability to mobilize others, and willingness to work hard, and the Stu Conger Award is given to individuals who exemplify those characteristics. Sharon’s professional contributions, ongoing leadership, and body of work in the field are a testament to these qualities.
- Bridge Award: Career Management Alliance is one of the world’s leading professional association dedicated to linking all divisions within the careers industry. Sharon was recognized for the significant difference she has made to the field for connecting professionals from a wide variety of sectors within the careers industry, including government, academia, the corporate sector, nonprofits, and the entrepreneurial world. Acting as a “bridge” – offering practitioners opportunities to network and learn from one other as well as the chance to form long-lasting friendships – Sharon was honoured with this award, which exemplifies the generosity of spirit and commitment to one another as professionals and valued colleagues.
- Leadership Recognition Award: With a vision for excellence and innovation, Sharon has been recognized by her peers on numerous occasions. She received an exclusive award by her peers, in recognition for her work in instituting leading-edge resources, a supportive communication vehicle, and exceptional mentoring and support to Canadian career practitioners.
Collaboration & Advocacy
Sharon has worked closely with leaders in the career development profession as board member of the Canadian Council for Career Development (3CD), Career Development Practitioners Certification Board of Ontario (CDBCBO), the Canadian Career Development Foundation (CCDF), and the US-based Career Management Alliance (CMA). As part of the leadership team, her role as International Career Services Master was to ensure that the CMA maintained a global outlook and developed programs that supported practitioners worldwide.
Sharon is a Certified Career Development Professional (CCDP). She conceived and designed a Career Competence self-assessment and professional development planning tool, built on The Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs).
As a key influencer in the profession, the leadership excellence and counsel that Sharon provides instil utmost confidence. She has acquired a reputation in Canada and beyond that is reflective of her knowledge, integrity, dedication to client requirements, superior service, and outstanding product delivery.
In her earlier career, Sharon founded and built Graham Management Group, Canada’s leading résumé writing and career transition firm for six-figure professionals. She handpicked a consulting team of professionals also known for excelling in their craft. In addition to providing excellence and innovation in résumé, interview, branding, and career strategy, Sharon contributed her services as a senior executive and consultant to a range of organizations.
If you are a Canadian Career Practitioner, schedule a complimentary networking meeting with Sharon Graham, Canada’s Career Strategist.