10 Pandemic-Related Resources for Parents and Caregivers
Managing your daily life during the COVID-19 pandemic is challenging enough, but if you care for one or more children or older parents, it gets even more complicated.
To help you through this time, I’ve gathered several videos and downloadable PDFs to help you give your loved ones the home schooling and emotional support they need right now.
- COVID-19 Parent & Caregiver Resources (updated March 2020) – a list of free online resources for those affected by school closures, compiled by the home educator community for The 519.
- Parents are getting creative during COVID-19 isolation – Yahoo Finance
Sharing Information with Children
- Talking to your Anxious Child about Covid-19 – Tips for Parents and Caregivers – Canadian Mental Health Association, Waterloo Wellington
- Talking to Kids about COVID-19 – American Academy of Pediatrics
Managing the Stress of Family Members
- Supporting your Child or Youth through COVID-19: A Parent and Caregiver’s Guide – Health PEI
- Coping and Connection for Children & Families During COVID-19 – Alberta Health Services
- Coping with Stress Related to COVID-19 – Durham Catholic District School Board
- Helping Homebound Children during the COVID-19 Outbreak – Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress
Caring for Older Adults
- How Technology Can Support Caregivers During COVID-19 – The Ontario Caregiver Organization
- Information About COVID‐19 – Alzheimer Society Manitoba
By this time, you may have already developed a few tools and techniques that are working well for you. If so, please share them in the comments or on our Facebook group.
Janet Barclay is a former employment counsellor who supports Career Professionals of Canada as technology manager, and many of its members with her web design services and website care plans. When she’s away from her desk, she enjoys reading, photography, cooking, watching movies, spending time with her family, and walking her dog.