What’s Your Career Competence? Try Our New Self-Assessment Form
Career Professionals of Canada is very pleased to introduce you to Career Competence, a free self-assessment and professional development website and planning tool.
Career Competence is an interactive form for Career Development Practitioners to assess competencies against The Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs.)
Feel free to download the interactive Career Competence pdf form. The document will allow you to log evidence of your competencies. When you click on a link for a competency, it goes to a page that describes that competency outline from the S&Gs in detail. This is an opportunity for you to truly learn what that competency means in real-time when you are assessing yourself against that competency. You can use, save, update, and reuse the form as many times as you like.
The Career Competence website can be used in many ways:
- To have a better understanding of how the S&Gs apply within our profession.
- To learn more about specific Core Competencies required by the S&Gs.
- To identify competency gaps and develop learning plans.
- To identify and research certain Area(s) of Specialization outlined by the S&Gs.
- To learn where to find and join provincial/territorial certifying bodies.
- To prepare for your Certified Career Development Practitioner/Professional (CCDP.)
- To create professional development programs in line with the S&Gs.
Please do use this resource freely and share it widely with your colleagues, co-workers, and contacts.