North Shore ConneXions Society | www.nsconnexions.org
North Vancouver, BC | Full Time
North Shore ConneXions Society (ConneXions) provides a wide variety of services to children, youth and adults living with intellectual disabilities.
ConneXions is currently looking to recruit a full time Vocational Counsellor to work within the Employment ConneXions team.
This position uses the Customized Employment model to support meaningful inclusion through paid employment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Client employment counselling: assess client’s interests, strengths and skills, and handle a small and involved caseload
- Market clients to local employers: have knowledge of the job market in a variety of industries
- Provide on-site job coaching: use prompts to coach clients as they begin a new job, fade coaching once client is independent, and maintain ongoing support as needed. Work with the client, the employer, and the clients’ family/support network to facilitate job retention
- Administrative duties: maintain accurate records and provide reports according to Community Living BC requirements. Strive to reach program targets while maintaining integrity of service. Have the ability to work with a high level of autonomy. Demonstrate strong organizational skills, maintain confidentiality of clients’ records and information, and experience in using Excel, Word, Outlook and ShareVision
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with people living with a wide variety of barriers to employment
- Experience in marketing and job negotiations to local businesses
- Knowledge of the field of employment counselling, job-coaching and marketing for job placements
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must have daily use of a reliable vehicle with a Class 5 BC Drivers Licence and the ability to obtain Business Insurance
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal record check and submit a negative Tuberculosis screening test
- Three professional references
- $21.73 / hour with a varied, flex schedule based on the needs of the program
- Benefits available upon completion of the probationary period
We are looking for someone who:
- Has exemplary communication skills and is an excellent team player
- Is adaptable to different environments and willing to coach indoors and outdoors
- Has a strong desire to empower clients towards independence
- Is flexible with work processes in order to suit our person-centered philosophy
- Has good observation and perception skills
- Is intuitive and empathic
- Is able to handle rejection from potential employers
- Can exercise good judgment and demonstrate creative problem-solving abilities
- Is open to constructive feedback
- Is results-oriented and has a high degree of professionalism
How to Apply
Please apply with both a cover letter and resume to the attention of Raman Manhas at email@example.com or by fax to 604.984.9882.
The closing date is Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Thank you to everyone who applies however only those applicants with direct experience and who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Come join our team!