Employment Counsellor/Job Developer
Employment Solutions (Welland Heritage Council) | http://www.employment-solutions.org/
Welland ON | Full Time
Employment Solutions is looking to hire an Employment Counsellor/Job Developer in a newly created hybrid position to join their team!
The Employment Counsellor/Job Developer will provide support to both job seekers and employers. They will be responsible for providing information on local training and employment opportunities, community service supports, occupation and training requirements, as well as providing support in the individual job search, career exploration and career planning to job seekers and facilitate job matching, mentoring and placement opportunities, monitor the success of clients/employer relationships and provide guidance and support as needed in addition to administering the employer incentive programs.
- Complete client registration and intake documents and determine appropriate services based on individual client needs.
- Assist clients with goal setting and to create an action plan for their job search activity
- Research local companies and maintain employer data base
- Promote agency to employers, clients and other agencies
- Administer and maintain Employer Incentives programs including processing and payment of financial incentives
- Negotiate placement agreements and contracts with individuals and employers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case notes and enter information into data base
- Facilitate and create workshops for clients and employers
- Advise employers on human resource and other employment related matters
- Assist with career counseling and intake process as needed
- Enter and update data into EOIS CaMS system
- Post secondary education in social services, human resources or related field or a combination of education and a minimum 3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Ontario Labour standards, the local labour market, workplace ethics and standards, job search and interview techniques, community resources
- Experience using the EOIS CaMS data collection system
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access and the Internet
- Facilitation experience, as well as the ability to make external presentations
- Extensive attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; second language an asset
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s permit and Police Clearance Required
DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by April 1 2017 to Carrie Demers, Program Manager Employment Solutions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place the job title in the email subject line to ensure proper application destination.