Top 10 Reasons for Earning a Certification
By Daisy Wright.
Ben Franklin said it best in this quote: “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” Earning a certification is an investment in knowledge and certainly pays dividends. It indicates that you are skilled, knowledgeable, and competent. Here are 10 additional reasons for you to become certified in your specialized discipline:
- Shows you are committed to ongoing professional development and that you embrace a learning attitude.
- Proves you are an expert and brands you as the “go to” person for help and advice.
- Sets you apart from your competitors.
- Increases your confidence and boosts your self-esteem.
- Adds to your credibility, encouraging people to pay attention to what you do and what you have to say.
- Gives you another qualification to add to your portfolio.
- Enhances your chances for partnerships and joint ventures, or if you are an employee, puts you ahead of the herd for internal career opportunities.
- Validates your skills and capabilities.
- Puts you in a position to raise your fees or demand what you are worth.
- Is an investment in your career, whether you are an employee or self-employed.
Regardless of where you stand, the indisputable fact is that there are myriad of ways to upgrade one’s skills. Distance learning and virtual classrooms are mainstream, making it easier to learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace. So are you ready? Get off the fence and jump on board. Certification certainly has its benefits and offers privileges, and earning yours may be easier than you think.